ZAD80CE Review

review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
ZAD80CE Reviewed by: ccarmichael, on july 10, 2014

Purchased from: Zager

Features: - Lower string heights: So you barely have to press to form chords
- Custom string spacing: So you're not accidentally bumping other strings
- Lower string pressure: Increases speed & accuracy, reduces buzz
- Custom neck design: Feels natural in your hand, increases comfort
- Special fret design: Reduces string bite and overall finger fatigue
- Special bracing system: Produces a richer, more powerful sound
- Perfect quality control: Each guitar finished personally by Mr. Zager

The above specs are from the Zager website, but I couldn't agree more with this information and actually I find that this is a modest appraisal of the specs, this is one of the best, if not, the best guitar I have seen and played. // 10

Sound: I have had many acoustic guitars over the 4 decades of playing, and my Zagers (have 2 now) are by far the BEST and have not only phenomenal action and easy fretting, but the sounds is second to none. Great tones, very bright, and each note just carries. Very rich and full sound mixed with brightness makes this an extraordinary guitar when needing different types of sounds. The electronics on this guitar are perfect. I continually get complements about this guitar and when I lend my guitar out to some friends in other bands, I always have players say how great of a guitar this is. Funny thing is that many have never heard of a Zager, and definitely had not played it until using mine. Once they do, their current guitars do not even come close to measuring up. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar holds up extremely well and I play it kind of hard (the shredder in me) but it stays in tune all of the time and between playing. This guitar built to last, and my original Zager which I have had for over a decade is still going strong and looks and sounds brand new. I wouldn't hesitate to use this for live performance, and the sounds in a theatre is second to none the best I have heard. The guitar is expertly built and I am a very proud owner of mine... not for sale! My original Zager has a finish that has lasted much playing, gigs, and the like. // 10

Ease of Use: I have played many, many acoustic guitars over the years, and my Zager's have the best playability due to the spacing pattern of the frets and how close the frets are shaved. Never a buzz, but makes playing fun and easy yet with a sound that is powerful and carries very well. The service is unbelievable and any issues I have ever had are immediately resolved and I don't think I ever had to wait more than an hour to get a response back via email. They give their shirt off their backs to always help and make anything right. Seriously, I have never ever seen a company take such good of their customers. My name is Dr. Chris Carmichael, and I'm a proud owner of the world's best custom made guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I mainly play blues and hard rock that transcends into various hybrid styles as well. This guitar is very versatile and could be used for rock, folk, bluegrass, blues, you name it, it'll blow you away. I have been playing for 38 years and if I were ever to lose this guitar for any reason, I'll be first in line to buy another. I have used and owned Martins, Takamine, Yamaha, and many others, and my Zagers are my favorites and I really don't use anything else other than my Yamaha 12-string (at least until I see Zager come out with a 12 string model). // 10

More Zager reviews rating category latest review
+ 4/5 Parlor Size 9.8 Acoustic Guitars 07/14/2014