Holydiver Review

manufacturer: Bare Knuckle Pickups date: 05/16/2011 category: Pickups
Bare Knuckle Pickups: Holydiver
One thing to remember with Bareknuckle pickups is that they are very sensitive to the guitar you put them in.
 8.5
 9.3
 7.6
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Holydiver Reviewed by: Koop4404, on may 16, 2011

Price paid: C$ 130

Purchased from: Bareknuckle website

Sound: Output: 15.4k Magnet: Alnico V I bought this pickup to put into my Gibson Les Paul Studio's bridge position. I have heard the Holdydiver isn't the best pickup for a les paul and better suited for lighter bolt-on neck guitars, but I am very impressed with the sound quality. I'm playing into a Mesa Roadster which is darker than the standard dual rectifier, and this pickup makes my rig sound HUGE. I play progressive metal and the Holydiver delivers. This pickup is so clear, articulate and VERSATILE! The sound is almost vintage-like, but has a modern edge to it. This thing nails the tones of Tool and Alice In Chains. I have heard this pickup is pretty similar to a SD JB except with Less snarly upper mids and more low and mid mids (I have not tried a JB). Also, this pickup is pretty tight for an Alnico V. Not djenty tight, but tight enough to do some fast riffing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is my first Bareknuckle pickup and I am impressed to say the least. The quality of these pickups are outstanding. Some people say they can't hear a difference with pickups. Well, if your playing into a solid state, no. With a good amp, you will definitely feel the difference with pick attack and hear the depth in these pickups. I will always buy from Barenuckle. // 10

Overall Impression: I love everything about it. Simple as that. One thing to remember with Bareknuckle pickups is that they are very sensitive to the guitar you put them in, so ask Tim before you buy! // 9

More Bare Knuckle Pickups reviews rating category latest review