Trilogy Suite Review

8.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Trilogy Suite Reviewed by: ethan_hanus, on august 24, 2010

Purchased from: www.guitarasylum.com

Sound: The output tends to hover around 11.5k to 12.5k resistance depending on what position you ordered, so it's a pretty hot single coil. I'm using my Valveking and Nick Crow's 8505 VST amp, which is basically a Peavey 6505. Best way to describe it is like a normal single coil on steroids, punchy as all get out, twangy when you want it to be, very mild when need be. It has a very balanced bass response, really smooth, the mids are smooth, and the highs are just going wild, the main trait in all single coils. These are prolly best for blues rock and metal soloing(if you have the gain. The cleans, oh my gosh are the cleans amazing, crisp, clear, and huge. The best cleans I've ever heard from a single coil. You can really put this pickup in any position, it's a great strat pickup for sure. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I ordered mine with Zinc base plates, so I'm not to worried about the base of the pickup, the only thing that concerns me is that on the bottom of the pickup, the winding wire going to the output wires is exposed, so if your not careful when handling the pickup during installation, you could break that wire, then your screwed, but, once it's in the guitar, you'll never have to worry about it again. I can rely 100% on these pickups. // 8

Overall Impression: I love the fact that I can now play some good blues music and have some impressive cleans, it was worth it to spend $89 a coil. One thing I do hate though, is how twangy it is, but luckily I have tone pots to control that kinda thing. I installed these in my Squier Affinity Strat (Don't be haten) in the middle and neck positions. // 9

More Bare Knuckle Pickups reviews rating category latest review