Crunch-Lab DP228 Review

manufacturer: DiMarzio date: 09/05/2011 category: Pickups
DiMarzio: Crunch-Lab DP228
This pickup sounds incredible - it's a high output pickup, but it is on the lower side of the higher output pickups.
 9.7
 9.4
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Crunch-Lab DP228 Reviewed by: humbuckerwin, on september 05, 2011

Purchased from: ebay

Sound: This pickup sounds incredible- it's a high output pickup, but it is on the lower side of the higher output pickups. It gets fantastic distortion and an almost piezo sounding clean tone. I've been using this pup in the bridge position of my Schecter hellraiser, and I run this through a pod hd500. The tone is very middle biased, with a good amount of bass, there is a little less treble but I really don't mind because it sounds fantastic, and it still has all the bite that I need in a bridge pickup. I use it with the bar facing the neck so I get a slightly bassier tone. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have only had the pickup in for about a month, but it seams rock solid, and I'm positive it will last forever. Handmade in new york, and its dimarzio, so you know you can count on the quality. // 10

Overall Impression: I love how even on a very distorted tone this pickup is how clear it is on the higher strings. If you play a g chord with heavy distortion you can hear every note ring clear. And to be honest, this pickup looks killer. I got it in black with chrome polls, so it just looks killer. I absolutely love this pup! // 10

More DiMarzio reviews rating category latest review
+ DP177 True Velvet T Neck 8.9 Pickups 02/05/2014