Fast Track 2 Strat Humbucker DP182 Review

manufacturer: DiMarzio date: 06/25/2009 category: Pickups
DiMarzio: Fast Track 2 Strat Humbucker DP182
It definately does its job as a humbucker, deleting any hum sound coming from the amp.
 9.5
 9.3
 9.7
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Fast Track 2 Strat Humbucker DP182 Reviewed by: 1201ZJ, on june 25, 2009

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Sound: Let me just say first, this baby has some balls to the sound. I Play mostly Metallica and Grunge stuff, and this thing basically duplicates the sound of James Hetfield's guitar when plugged in through my Roland 60 Cube. I use my amp distortion (on the Rectifier setting) and amp chorus, and it works well with them. The only thing I dislike is that it loses a lot of sustain for some reason when played through my Dunlop Original Crybaby, but I think it's the wah. It definately does its job as a humbucker, deleting any hum sound coming from the amp, as compared to my (stock) middle and neck singlecoil pups. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I think the pickup will definately last, and it is very dependable. I think it will be a great pickup, and I will certainly use it in future strats that I may own, for it takes that strat sound away and just gives you the sound of a metal guitar, that being said, I'd reccomend it to anyone with a strat looking for that metal sound. // 10

Overall Impression: I absoloutly love this pickup. It has an amazing sound to it, and its just great. The only thing I dislike is the fact that it loses a lot of sustain when the wah is turned on (which once again I think its the wah). I installed the pup into the bridge of my Squier Strat, and it is pure awesomeness. It was made "for the bridge only" according to Musician's Friend, however, I may put one into the neck later. // 9

More DiMarzio reviews rating category latest review
+ Super 3 DP152 9.2 Pickups 12/15/2014