Gravity Storm Neck DP252 Review

manufacturer: DiMarzio date: 01/23/2013 category: Pickups
DiMarzio: Gravity Storm Neck DP252
This is a pretty high output pup. I like it because its great for soloing. The Gravity Storm is just as good if not better than the top neck pickups.
 8.9
 7.8
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Gravity Storm Neck DP252 Reviewed by: tangleone, on january 23, 2013

Purchased from: Guitar Center.com

Sound: This is a pretty high output pup. I like it because its great for soloing. I got the neck version after researching many pickups such as the DiMarzio Evolution or the Seymour Duncan '59. The Gravity Storm is just as good if not better than the top neck pickups. I use it with nothing but my guitar and amp, sometimes a wah or a chorus pedal. The tone... It is amazing. The high notes soar. Mids are great. The lows are precise and clear, especially on a clean setting To summarize, this is a high-output neck pickup that sounds great in a high gain guitar! It will change the way you play solos! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This pickup is built to last. I've heard so many good things about DiMarzio, so I believe that I will be rocking and shredding on the Gravity Storm pickup for many years to come. It is an excellent and awesome replacement pickup and I'm sure it would sound awesome in any guitar out there. Since it is a signature pickup, (Steve Vai uses it) I'd say you can depend on it to sound great on any amp you plug it into. I'm very satisfied with my purchase. The folks at DiMarzio did a great job of making this pickup. I'm sure it will live up to its name and work for years. // 10

Overall Impression: Personally, I love everything about this pickup. I even like the look of it. But sound-wise, it's hard to beat. I love the bass in a clean setting. This pickup really sounds good when you turn up the bass and add some reverb. I like to play through a high gain amp, and the Gravity Storm really shines when you are soloing and playing those higher notes. When playing bar chords and things of that nature, you'll hear some of the clearest and "shiniest"notes. The pickup brings out the best in your axe. I put it in my Schecter Omen Extreme 6 FR. I like the fact that the Gravity Storm has really good harmonics. You can play anything from jazz to metal on the Gravity Storm pickup because it is very diverse. // 10

More DiMarzio reviews rating category latest review
+ Super 3 DP152 9.2 Pickups 12/15/2014