PAF Joe DP213 Review

9.3
 6.3
review (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
PAF Joe DP213 Reviewed by: Cedar redaC, on december 09, 2011

Sound: Neck positon of mahogany Hagstrom Swede With an EVO 2 in the bridge. Playing into a Line 6 Pod HD 500 and then into a Fender Super Champ XD. I also installed the pickup with Seymour Duncan Triple Shots for coil-splitting. Pickup seems is quite bright, but it might be because my Hagstrom's fretboard (Resinator, something like Ebony). The sound warmed up a bit, though, when I lowered the pickup from the strings. Still retains clarity and balances well with the EVO. Starts to warm up more with higher gain. Also sounds crystal clear on clean settings and on moderate-high gain settings. Cuts through Delay-saturated signal paths (very Satriani). Did I mention how great it is for Jazz and Blues? Also, retains just enough presence for thing like sweep-picking and shredding. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've had it for over 6 months, and it sounds great in shows. Made in NY, USA. Cosmetically, it doesn't quite match with the Evo due to it's pole pieces, but tonally it matches great and provides a great combination of tones. Seems durable enough, and I don't particularly try to cause damage to my equipment, so I think it will last forever. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great pickup. The only thing that I would have changed is a warmer treble response. Even then, the brightness may just be the pickup reacting with my fretboard or the strings.Other than that, it's a excellent neck pickup. Highly Recommended for modern Paf tones. // 9

More DiMarzio reviews rating category latest review
+ Super 3 DP152 9.2 Pickups 12/15/2014