Super 2 DP104 Review

manufacturer: DiMarzio date: 03/05/2008 category: Pickups
If you love the sound of a Super Distortion in the bridge and you like hot neck pickups too, try a Super 2. The Super 2 takes the classic Super Distortion sound and slides the EQ up in favor of the high-end, so its brighter top and lighter bottom work to balance out the darker, overtone-heavy information up by the fingerboard.
 8.1
 6.2
review (1) 10 comments vote for this gear:
Super 2 DP104 Reviewed by: the_addict, on march 05, 2008

Sound: I have a pair of old Dimarzio Super 2s. They were made in the early 80s and to my astonishment still work. I don't know what the exact output level is in terms of measurement but, they sound beautiful. They're very clear cut in tone and well balanced all the way around. The bass, mid, and treble are all on spot. One doesn't over power the other. I have them in both positions and would recommend them for both. If you want to know what the actual sound of your guitar is on a clean channel, this pickup is for you. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It was made in the early '80s so I think it'll last until it mysteriously get corroded. Not much else to say except that american made products are way better than Jap in terms of quality. // 10

Overall Impression: I have these installed in my Jackson SL2H Soloist and the guitar sounds 1000x better. It had J50 Jackson stock pickups in it since it was made in 1985. I can finally to harmonics without fighting for them. Hands down my favorite pickup and I've tried Duncans and EMGs, they weren't for me. // 10

More DiMarzio reviews rating category latest review
+ Super 3 DP152 9.2 Pickups 12/15/2014