57-7H Review

manufacturer: EMG date: 04/21/2014 category: Pickups
EMG: 57-7H
57-7H is a great pickup, it has everything you could ask for in a pickup, EMG is doing an awesome job with this new line of pickups.
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
57-7H Reviewed by: Tenebrion, on april 21, 2014

Purchased from: MacDaddy Music

Sound: EMG everybody knows is one the best brands out there when it comes to pickups, but in the past I wasn't sure if they were for me and then the 57-7H came in to life, with rich balanced sound tight low end and awesome harmonics and passive like awesomeness, buttery lead sounds and define chugging. And how can I forget crystal like cleans bright but tamable sounds, there is nothing I could say bad about this pickup, every time I plug my Agile that has this pickup and I can't put it down. You wouldn't believe how good is this pick up unless you try it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: EMG is pricey but you get what you pay if you know what you are looking for, 57-7H is sturdy reliable piece of equipment and not only that it looks gorgeous and it has some many options that you will love how it changes the appearance of your instrument, Obviously you gotta remember to have extra batteries in your gig bag or case cause its active electronics you have to be prepared for the worst but I won't do like most people do saying batteries are a bad idea cause you gotta change them every now and then for me is not a issue if you have money just buy batteries don't be a lazy musician, and the solderless system its great and easy to follow best upgrade ever you can wrong with that. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall the 57-7H is a great pickup, it has everything you could ask for in a pickup, EMG is doing an awesome job with this new line of pickups and I hope they keep making more passive like pickups that actually react to your picking, cause the 81 is a great pickup for metal not very good cleans just heavy, the 57-7H is what I needed something different but with the things that I love from passive pickups, I love how it sounds in my Agile Interceptor 725 with my Bugera 6262 I have a metal set up and it has some awesome cleans, if you are thinking of buying it and you are pretty much decided this is what you want for your guitar and sound just buy it. and if you are a bit unsure just look for Andy James and Jeff Loomis and Chris Letchford they will convince you that this pickup is what you are looking for. // 10

More EMG reviews rating category latest review
+ EMG ALX W ABQ 9.1 Pickups 06/28/2013