Dirty Fingers Review

manufacturer: Gibson date: 05/17/2011 category: Pickups
Gibson: Dirty Fingers
This pickup has super high output. It also has a really strong personality, it's not as "hi-fi" as the EMG pickups. The tone is the best, this is how a guitar should sound.
 9.4
 9.7
 9.1
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Dirty Fingers Reviewed by: mazerfaka, on may 17, 2011

Purchased from: Local store

Sound: This pickup has super high output, I also have the EMG 81x and I think this has higher output. It also has a really strong personality, it's not as "hi-fi" as the EMG pickups. It's more in your face and dirty. The tone is the best, this is how a guitar should sound, it has high mid, tight bass and a nice treble, but with a crispy crunch that will make your ears have an orgasm, and to be honest, I don't care about the clean tones but they sound good to me even though I heard that the DF is bad at clean tones. I play through my Marshall JCM 2000, I have the gain setting at twelve a'clock, perfect distortion! The palm muted stuff sounds awesome and all the other things sounds super awesome as well. The best pick up ever made! I think this is "made for the bridge" even if Epiphone sell guitars with DF both in the neck and the bridge. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I seems solid, under my years I have only had one problem with one pick up. It suddenly went "out of phase", for no reason. So I checked all the soldering to see if I had done anything wrong, but it was fine. It worked and then the problem started at random. I switched the Pickup for a EMG 81x to try something else, I miss the DF. Yes I can! // 9

Overall Impression: I love the sound, the tone and the attitude. It's in your face and it will make every other pickup seem like a little school girl. There is nothing I hate about it, 100% love! The Dirty fingers is the best pick up ever made. I had three Dirty Fingers in my days, one is in my ES-333, one in my Fender Jag-Stang and one in my Hagstrom Ultra Swede. Both the Hagstrom and the Fender has basswood body, and I think this pick up sounds F--king awesome in those guitars. It's in the bridge on all of them! // 10

More Gibson reviews rating category latest review
+ Explorer Vampire Blood Moon 9 Electric Guitars 09/15/2014