HEX-7 Review

GuitarHeads: HEX-7
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
HEX-7 Reviewed by: Tenebrion, on december 11, 2012

Purchased from: GUITARHEADS

Sound: Bridge Position Model (F Spaced) - DC Resistance: 17.4K Ohms - AC Impedance: 9.2Z - Pole Piece Spacing: 60.5mm WELL first of all this is a high output pick up. I put this this pick up in my Starfire 7 and it did a great difference in the sound. The sound is not very compressed which I like that cause the pick up has more characteristics than active pick ups. It sounds solid with the amp I'm using which is a Bugera 6262, in the cleans sounds good too its not just a metal pick up like what most people say about it. The tone is awesome obviously you can get better tone from more expensive stuff like DiMarzio and bare knuckle but its not as expensive. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can honestly say this pick up will last the same as any other expensive brand in the market as long you did install it correctly you wont have any problems with it. And its a heavy pick up I think a bit more heavy than known brands. Guitarheads have a great customer service always answering the customer questions if they can answer you the same day they will. I am very impressed with everything they have on the website cheap but good quality. Yes I can depend on it the HEX 7 is rock solid very well built. // 10

Overall Impression: I love everything about it the sound how it really gets stuck in your head. When I hit the 7 string no matter what tuning you are its gonna blow your mind. My Starfire 7 gain new life with this bridge pick up now, I can play it with more confidence cause the stock pick ups in it sucked horribly no sustain, even in clean sounded muddy and dull. But thank to HEX 7 I am very happy with it, barely makes noise its a very quiet pick up I guess that most be the best feature about the HEX 7 its dead quiet you don hear hum coming out of the amp. // 10

More GuitarHeads reviews rating category latest review
+ Active Humbucker 6.9 Pickups 07/10/2012