V8 Review

4.9
 8.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
V8 Reviewed by: thetobarmethod, on july 03, 2012

Sound: Medium to high output, a very sharp, crisp tone until ur tuning below C, I run my RG3EXFM1 through Randall amps, and a basic pedalboard (chorus, boost, delay, compressor, flanger etc.) Its name suggests what it would be best with, and its right when suggested "Vintage 8". Its not as bad as most people say V series are. A very balanced, but just a tiny bit mid oriented. Solos Shine on this, and it can achieve great dynamics when played properly. However, harmonics don't seem to show up very well on it. Would never put the thing in neck pos. Maybe middle, put I'm kinda ehhh about middle pos. humbuckers. Clean is somewhat warm, with a little brightness and a hint of mid. It can get great sparkling kinda tones when tweaked from the amp. But still not as crisp as singles. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Very durable, hasn't failed me once. Its passive so no battery and stuff. Its covered so no screw corrosion. And yes, I can depend on it. // 9

Overall Impression: I like it honestly. I can only say I wish it had more bass, but just a little, and was a tad less bright on the clean channel. Besides that. Its a good stock pickup from Ibanez, many will say its crap, but their comparing it to Blackouts, EMG's, Paf's etc. don't listen to them, its always good to switch pu's though. Its in my Ibanez RG3EXFM1 as of now, with its brother the V7 in the neck. I don't plan to switch them for now, but I will down the line. Its in the Bridge pos. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ S1520 8.2 Electric Guitars 04/23/2014