Hot Slag Review

manufacturer: IronGear date: 06/07/2010 category: Pickups
IronGear: Hot Slag
Its very good for rock and metal songs. Its high output, the pickup is capable of clean tones with high clarity.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Hot Slag Reviewed by: Kingnichendrix, on june 07, 2010

Price paid: £ 24.95

Purchased from: Axetec

Sound: For what you are paying for my god, the value is incredible, its very good for rock and metal songs. Its high output, the pickup is capable of clean tones with high clarity. And Pinch harmonics sound incredible on it, if you want to have an idea of how it sounds go on the Iron Gear website you can listen to the sound clips on it, from neck to bridge in clean and dirty. The pickups tone is very balanced, and suitable for anything. Specs DC Resistance: Bridge = 16kOhm, Neck = 15.3kOhm Pole Spacing: Bridge = 52mm, Neck = 50mm Magnet Type: Alnico V Conductors: 4 Conductor Format: Humbucker Supplied complete with screws and springs // 9

Reliability & Durability: You know what I don't care at all because you have a life time guarantee, and I'm very positive these will last for a very long time their are made very well. // 10

Overall Impression: I love everything about it, but it gives you a PRS sort of sound, its really nice, but I prefer a Strat tone so personally for me that's the only problem, and I've got a Stratocaster and I added this to my cheap Ibanez GSA60 and my god the improvement is fantastic. You can own a Gibson Les Paul, swap the stock pickup with these and I guarantee it would be an improvement and only for 24.95pound its way worth it. What I hate about them is that I got the Zebra style ones and dare I say looked cheap, but my god when you hear it you just stop caring. My positioning of the pickups is on the bridge position, I tend to favour trebly tones, and I like pinch harmonics so it makes sense to have it there. // 9

More IronGear reviews rating category latest review
+ Texas Loco 8.9 Pickups 03/30/2011