Double Humbuckers Review

manufacturer: Jackson date: 02/18/2011 category: Pickups
 8.5
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Double Humbuckers Reviewed by: Nirvanafan60, on february 18, 2011

Sound: The output is really good for factory standard pickups I'm not even going to change them because to be honest there better then some of the EMG's I've had in previous years. They have Black cover over the top with Jackson written on it. I am using a Johnson Power 10 amp and mt2 and ds1 effect pedals. The tone is very even, they obviously suit the sound of heavy metal metal(Seeing that's what Jackson's are made for.) I'd say maybe abit more on the trebly side. I play with my selector on the front pick up but if it's on the back they sound fine abit empty for me but that's what some people are into, in the middle it really sounds the same as the front. // 8

Reliability & Durability: These pickups fell really secure and I didn't need to adjust them and they seem to take accidental pick scraping with out marking. I can and will depend on these for awhile to come you can bet on that.These pickups do move when you try but don't all pickups move? If not there is something wrong. I will keep them in my Jackson forever because these are real good pickups and becuase pickups are so overpriced especially EMG's. // 8

Overall Impression: I love these pickups because there really good factory pickups and I'm not worried about replacing them. They were installed into a Jackson Dinky JS30DKT Hardtail(I think that's right??) They are right at the front and at the backup(Standard) and I'm not gonna bother changing them becuase that would stupid. I know these are probably unable to buy but there worth having a review for so F**k it. Overall these pickups are good enough to be sold and will satisfy all ym needs for awhile. // 8

More Jackson reviews rating category latest review
+ JS32T Kelly 7.6 Electric Guitars 05/13/2014