Alumitone Deathbucker Review

manufacturer: Lace date: 02/24/2012 category: Pickups
Lace: Alumitone Deathbucker
To best describe these pick ups I would say they are very balanced almost like a clean slate ready to be colored by the amp/guitar.
 4.5
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Alumitone Deathbucker Reviewed by: Briyan_15, on february 24, 2012

Purchased from: Amplified Parts

Sound: I really like these pickups. If I had to compare the sound to anything I would say its almost P90-ish with just a little more balls. The sound of these pickups really depend on the type of guitar that you have and your amp. I've been running these in an Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige in the bridge and through a Line 6 Spider Valve MKII and a Fender HOT Rod Deville. To best describe these pick ups I would say they are very balanced almost like a clean slate ready to be colored by the amp / guitar. What I mean by that is that if you have a bright sounding guitar you will sound bright. The characteristics of you amp will really be displayed and more defined then normal. They have incredible response to what your playing as well. Harmonics practically jump off my guitar. The response is amazing and they have plenty of bass when you palm mute. Cleans up really well and absolutely no muddiness ever. I would say this is a super versatile pick up. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think the there are pretty solid. At first I was pretty afraid of damaging them or dropping them during the install but once they are in all worry left me. They will do anything you want when ever you want. I wouldn't go dropping anything on them but I don't know why you would anyway. // 9

Overall Impression: I love a couple things about these. First the response they have is amazing and it really brings out the quality of a guitar. I love the look its a really quality pick up. Now to the dislikes one you will need to do some shielding if you have not already. Other wise they pickup everything, You hitting the body moving the pick up selector strap lock swing you name it. The only other dislike was the support I received from lace. The pick ups are great don't get me wrong but install was a pain in the ass. I wanted to run them in split mode and it took for f--king ever to get any real instruction from lace. If you try to wire them normally they cancel each other out. Lace's install diagram blows and you have to buy new pots and cap. They work best with 250k and a 0.22 cap so if you have humbuckers most run with a 500k and the price of these plus the pots and cap and shielding was way more then I really wanted to pay. // 8

More Lace reviews rating category latest review
+ Tres Hombres Single Coil 9.4 Pickups 01/16/2014