Emerald RW Silver Purple Review

Lace: Emerald RW Silver Purple
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Emerald RW Silver Purple Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 17, 2010

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Sound: The overall output of this set is more than a stock strat but they aren't necessarily high gain, just ballsier than your average stock pickup. I play a Squier Strat through an Ibanez Soundtank Powerlead into a Hartke Piggyback and they all have amazing tone. The purple bridge is pretty powerful and cuts well but isn't thin like your average single-coil bridge pickup, the silver middle sounds like a humbucker with an airy single-coil hint to it, and the emerald neck is really open and trebly and is the best neck pickup I've ever heard. // 10

Reliability & Durability: These seem pretty tough but I've only had 'em in a few days. I'm not too worried since Fender uses Lace pickups in their high-end guitars and they tend to hold up. My aunt had a set in her favorite strat and they were the only thing intact after a semi rear-ended her car on a highway, and yes, the guitar was in the trunk. I'm convinced these puppies are gonna hold up for a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: I love these things and they really make my strat. It's just a little cheap Squier Standard and these things make it sound better than any other guitar I've ever played. They really give me the tone I've been looking for outta that guitar and more, I'm really happy with what I got. // 10

More Lace reviews rating category latest review
+ Tres Hombres Single Coil 9.4 Pickups 01/16/2014