Sensor-Silver Review

manufacturer: Lace date: 06/02/2008 category: Pickups
The Sensor Silver - World Class Tone. Lace has built these world famous patented pickups since 1985. Used exclusively by Fender until 1996, these pickups have the same specifications with the same great tone.
 7.2
 9.7
 4.6
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Sensor-Silver Reviewed by: WillEaton, on june 02, 2008

Sound: I'm not so sure on the output but it's relatively reasonable, I'm using it on a MIM Strat and it sounds killer in the neck and middle positions. It has a very well rounded tone suitable for any type of music that sounds better with single coils. The tone is great heavily distorted or clean and overdriven. They make silvers for all type of positions so pick the right one for the right slot you need to fill. Just remember they aren't completely noiseless but pretty darn close. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Both pickups are completely solid even though I purchased them used. The casing on them is solid plastic, some very durable stuff and it does look pretty cool on a guitar. I feel I can depend on these pups for the rest of my life, I've had no problems yet and there is very little noise. Reliability & Durability gets a 10. // 10

Overall Impression: I love the noise reduction and great tone these pickups offer, they are relatively cheap used (which doesn't mean they aren't amazing) and run you about 40 bucks a pop I guess. They sound great in my strat and are suitable for any single coil application. Check out the entire Lace single coil line, there might be a different option better for your needs, but the silvers suit mine. // 10

More Lace reviews rating category latest review
+ Tres Hombres Single Coil 9.4 Pickups 01/16/2014