M6 Brigde Review

manufacturer: Lundgren date: 10/15/2009 category: Pickups
Lundgren: M6 Brigde
This is a passive Lundgren M6 brige pickup. The Lundgren pickups were made famous by Meshuggah.
 8.9
 7.8
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
M6 Brigde Reviewed by: cronux, on october 15, 2009

Price paid: € 159

Purchased from: Lundgren Guitar Pickups

Sound: This is a passive Lundgren M6 brige pickup. The Lundgren pickups were made famous by Meshuggah which use the M7 and M8 models for their 7 and 8-strings. This is a 6-string model based on the M7 and M8. The sound is jaw dropping... a great bass response and defined highes. It's really balanced and clean on any gain level that I've used, has small amounts of hum and is quiet like a shadow ;). Being a passive pickup, it grarls out chunk like there's no tommorow. I've used it through my Randall RH150 head and cab, a Mesa Triple Rectifire, Peavey 6505 and some combo amps and it remained clear and defined on any amp setting. One of the things that you have to get used to is that this is a passive pickup so it's not as forgiving as an active pickup would be in terms of hammer-on's and pull-off's and it will require you to be precise. Also it's not really a pickup for cleans but it will deliver a classic clean tone... The thing that this monster is designed for is: low tuned distortion! You can expect the classical Meshuggah like sound that will rip through anything. It has a lot of sustain, keeps the harmonics in place, pinches ring out and let's you tune low as you can go on a 6-string. I tune to drop a and the pick up delivers a great, smashing tone that you could expect from a baritone or a 7-string. I would definitely suggest it for anyone that uses a low tuned 6-string guitar, loves a good meshuggalish chunk and want's a passive pickup instead of an active one // 10

Reliability & Durability: This pickup is like a tank with nuclear fuel, it's not leaving my guitar period and I will buy more of them for my future guitars, that's for sure. Had no problems with it to date. As for shipping it's really easy, just contact Lundgren Pickups and they'll give you the shipping details and instructions, as easy as that. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this pickup, it gave me the defined tone I wanted for my low tuning. It's installed in my Washburn D200E. The only "problem" with it is it's price. 159 or 229$ + shipping since you can ONLY buy it from Lundgren Guitar Pickups in Sweden. It is expensive but I guarantee that it's worth every penny:).

plus: * defined sound                minus: * price
      * clarity
      * awesome dirty tones
      * perfect for low tunnings
// 10

More Lundgren reviews rating category latest review
+ Heaven 57 Neck 4.7 Pickups 04/12/2010