Motherbucker Humbucking Pickup Review

7.4
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Motherbucker Humbucking Pickup Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 29, 2011

Purchased from: JC's Guitars, Algonquin, il

Sound: Very high output humbucker pickups, I have the Motherbucker model. The output is 17ohm for the neck and 21 ohm for the bridge. I use it with a Vox AD60VTX and a small bc rich practice amp. After several adjustments, I found the "sweet spot" on my Samick GT1 V and am very impressed. The alnico V magnets give this pickup a great tone, both chords and individual notes ring out and adjusting the balance of the pickups was easy. The bass tones a rich and clean and balances out well with the treble and midrange. Overall, I am extremely impressed. I got a great price on the pickups, and would feel I got a great deal at 2 to 3 times the price. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The pickups are SOLID and the wires are easy to work with. Having owned mighty mite pickups before, I know I can depend on them. One thing about mighty mite, is even their basic starter pickups sound good, I have 2 single coils installed in my strat style guitar and they sound very good. I put a matched set of their mighty rails in a Samick malibu strat style guitar and they sounded great. When I put the guitar up for sale, it sold in 1 day. // 10

Overall Impression: What I like about these pickups most is the tone. Absolutely spot on clean and dirty. Overdriven these pickups give me the classic rock/blues tone I like. I installed these pickups in a Samick GT1 V style guitar, with Agathis wood for the body. The tone I am getting from this guitar was good before I installed the pickups, but sound great now. I have a matched set in neck and bridge positions. // 10

More Mighty Mite reviews rating category latest review