Smooth Heritage Review

8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Smooth Heritage Reviewed by: Archer18, on november 19, 2010

Purchased from: http://www.rockmonkeyguitars.com/

Sound: I use the Rock Monkey Smooth Heritage in the Neck position with the Nickel cover. The output level is quite low, but that's expected as it is a PAF copy. I'm currently use a ValvePower 18w and a Rothwell Heartbreaker. The tone has a nice jangle to it and a nice spongy bottom end. The idea behind this pickup was to recreate Peter Green's neck pickup and I must say it does come very close to Greeny's tone. On the Rock Monkey website, Chris states "high end is so defined and clear that you could still use it for cutting leads and Metal" and I agree with everything said; I mainly use this pickup for high gain leads and the top end is "So defined". // 8

Reliability & Durability: This pickup does seem like it will last. The nickel cover which I got with it is great, as over the months it has "Dulled" in colour and looks plain awesome. It is very well made and I have gigged with these pickups various times and there have been no problems, as expected. // 9

Overall Impression: I really like the defined top end which makes this pickup sound so unique. It is great for jangly cleans and great for high gain lead playing. I can't say I dislike anything about the pickup. Another positive aswell, is that Rock Monkey have great customer service. For customer service I would rate Rock Monkey - 10 // 8

More Rock Monkey Guitars reviews rating category latest review