Vintage Original Review

manufacturer: Rock Monkey Guitars date: 01/24/2011 category: Pickups
This is based on the 1957 PAF, which uses Alnico 2 magnet.
 4.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Vintage Original Reviewed by: Archer18, on january 24, 2011

Purchased from: www.rockmonkeyguitars.com

Sound: This is based on the 1957 PAF, which uses Alnico 2 magnet. I'm currently using a ValvePower - Rothwell Heartbreaker - Watkins Copicat - Epi Les Paul Classic. It's a rather Vintage output pickup and is somewhat bright, but in no way brittle. It produces a really thick tone, which results in great clarity especially with high gain. E.g. When you hold an open chord, it is rich with harmonics and the sustain is great. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I got Zebra bobbins. I have both the Smooth Heritage and Vintage Original which I installed about a year ago (2010) and I have had no problems with them at all. They look really well made. I have played various gigs with them and they always deliver without any problems. // 10

Overall Impression: I love the really thick tone, rich harmonics and clarity that this pickup produces. I play alot of higher gain stuff and the pickup is handles it really well. I installed this into an Epiphone Les Paul Classic in the bridge position and I couldn't be happier with it. Well worth it. // 9

More Rock Monkey Guitars reviews rating category latest review