Hot Stuff Review

manufacturer: Schaller date: 08/04/2010 category: Pickups
Schaller: Hot Stuff
The output level on this is crazy. It brings your guitar volume up another notch, with three ceramic bars and two iron poles in the middle.
 8.9
 8.8
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Hot Stuff Reviewed by: isaacmiranda7, on august 04, 2010

Purchased from: Music Master

Sound: Firstly, the output level on this is crazy. It brings your guitar volume up another notch, with three ceramic bars and two iron poles in the middle. It is extremely hot, leaning towards the mid-bass side. Its in a Grover Jackson DK1 bridge, and gives me a great rhythm toneIt isn't too bad on lead as well. I run this through a Marshall 2x12 cab with a Customized 1990 Marshall head and an Electro Harmonix Metal Muff. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The pickup has lasted quite a while already, I got it second hand. And yes, certainly I can depend on this baby. PASSIVE IS THE WAY TO GO! Compared to the Dimebucker and Bill Lawrence L500, I can safely say that this pickup is much much hotter than them. If you're looking for a kickass heavy metal pickup, this is the one for you. // 9

Overall Impression: I can't hate this pickup for not giving me a clean tone, it wasn't meant to do that. It was meant to burn down studios and give neighbours a headache. Make no mistake, swapping this pickup into your bridge position, with whatever you have now, be it anything from stock V7-8's, EMG's or Invaders, this pickup may not sound the same, but it certainly will add colour and give your tone a boost. It's o easy to get feedback with this pickup on my guitar, imagine if it was in a hollowbody. I'd like to do that someday. The harmonics on this are so clear and easy to get. It's almost like this pickup adds another dimension to your metal needs. // 9

Comments