SH-55 Seth Lover Review

manufacturer: Seymour Duncan date: 07/10/2009 category: Pickups
For brighter toned instruments. Works especially well with maple and ebony fingerboards. Not recommended for use with ultra high gain tube amplifiers over 50 watts.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 9.2
 9.4
reviews (2) 5 comments vote for this gear:
SH-55 Seth Lover Reviewed by: Seth Shadows, on december 15, 2007

Purchased from: ZZounds.com

Sound: I use this heavenly chariot of a humbucker on a CJ-400 Cruiser by Crafter (neck and bridge pickups) With a Bogner: Metropolis amplifier and they produces extreme but gentle tone. I Play quite a bit of jazz with my cruiser and this seems to hold up perfectly. Semi-Harmonics and naturals are like a dream. Commonly used in my style, "Shred-Jazz". Giving a fat, rich, bite-like tone; this pickup is easily one of the best I've ever used. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I'm positive these pickups will last, As everything I've ever bought from Seymour Duncan. I've been using these pickups for around two months and haven't had a single problem. I hope to be a professional jazz guitarist someday, and I'll definatly be using these pickups. // 10

Overall Impression: I personally love the option to choose gold or silver covers. Due to it matching my guitar I installed these in, Gold would look awful due to the rest being silver hardware. I don't like the fact that you can't buy it in single coil as the guitar they're installed on has a single coil center pickup as well. But the overall sound is intense but melodic, I'd have to say. Well worth the $300 for the duo. // 8

SH-55 Seth Lover Reviewed by: Mis4Mathew, on july 10, 2009

Purchased from: Mccanns Music centre

Sound: The Seth Lover SH-55 is a wonderful pickup. It has strong output levels and has a beautiful balanced tone. I am using it with a Marshall stack amp and it works very well. But I have used it with Samick and essex amps and the sound while still reasonable is not the greatest. This pickup is really made as a neck pickup not for the bridge. I use it with a SH-11 and it works beautifully. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have had the pickup on my guitar for about three months now and the sound quality is still perfect and the pickup itself is not damaged at all. I've checked the wiring aswell and it looks the same as the day that it was installed. But only time will tell. I have absolute confidence in the pickup and have used the guitar its on in a few gigs and I will be using again. // 9

Overall Impression: I've installed this pickup on the neck obviously because that is what it is made for. I love everything about it. I love the sound I love the look its an all round great pickup. And even though its installed on a Greg Bennett that ive been modifying it still sounds absolutly beautiful. So Just a great pickup especially suited to Blues, Jazz and rock. I wouldn't suggest using it for metal and Death core and things like that. // 9

More Seymour Duncan reviews rating category latest review