ST59-1B Little '59 Review

9.4
 9.7
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
ST59-1B Little '59 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 08, 2010

Sound: I had this pickup installed in my 2007 MIM Tele in the bridge position with 500k pots and a coil tap. I use it with a Marshall JCM900 4100, a Boss DS-1 which I use a boost and a Jim Dunlop Crybaby. This pickup has a much higher output than the stock single coil but has been coil tapped so I can revert to a lower output. This pickup has 'beefed up' my tele and sounds amazing, I play many different styles but mainly hard rock, classic rock and blues. This pickup captures these tones perfectly and can handle a large amount of distortion without sounding muddy. This pickup has reduced the twang and high end of my tele, which is something I hoped it would do and it now sounds more 'bassy' and thick. The only area where this pickup lets itself down is on a clean setting, as it can be to harsh. This however is not a problem as I have a Seymour Duncan Vintage Rhythm Stack in the neck position and I only use clean tone on the neck position. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This pickup seems to be build like a tank and I can foresee it taking years of abuse and still being absolutely fine. I would definitely have no doubts about gigging with it without having a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm completely satisfied with this pickup, it does everything I want it to, it's amazingly versatile when coil tapped and the quality of craftsmanship is very high. If my guitar was stolen I would definitely buy a telecaster again and put this pickup in bridge potion with a Vintage Rhythm Stack in the neck position. This pickup is definitely an easy and effective way to beef up your tele and make it more suitable for the heavier rock genres as it just drops right into the bridge without any hassle. // 9

More Seymour Duncan reviews rating category latest review