TB-10 Full Shred Review

manufacturer: Seymour Duncan date: 01/14/2010 category: Pickups
Seymour Duncan: TB-10 Full Shred
High output tone for heavy rhythms and speed riffs. Used for classic rock, heavy rock, hip hop, fusion and aggressive solo playing.
 9.4
 9.3
 9.4
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
TB-10 Full Shred Reviewed by: Ero_, on january 14, 2010

Price paid: € 100

Purchased from: Musikbörsen

Sound: The output level is fairly high, but not extreme high. I'm using it with a Line 6 Spider III, Boss GT-10 or a Line 6 TonePort UX2 with software on my computer. It did actually make a big difference from my ESP lh-150 that was stock in my LTD M-100. The "tone chart" on the Seymour Duncan site says that the full shred has 4 in bass, 4 in middle and 8 in treble, but I can't find my guitar trebly. I think it's fairly balanced for my guitar! I use this pickup in bridge position in my ESP/LTD M-100, and it suits my needs very well. I play all kinds of metal with it except Death Metal. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I think it will last for a very long time, and I would absolutely depend on it in a live situation, or I think so at least; D. I'm 13 years old so I have not performed in a live situation(yet). It seems to be well built compared to my ESP pickup, which (I think) are made really cheap in indonesia or something like that. // 10

Overall Impression: I love everything about it; the sound, the pinch harmonics, everything! Nothing I can think of is bad about it, at least not yet! Just make sure to solder and tape the red and white cable to each other or else it will be phase switched, me and my dad did that misstake first. // 9

More Seymour Duncan reviews rating category latest review