TB-6 Duncan Distortion Trembucker Review

9.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
TB-6 Duncan Distortion Trembucker Reviewed by: tangleone, on january 25, 2013

Purchased from: Best Buy

Sound: This is a really high-output pickup. I use it with my Schecter Omen Extreme 6 FR and a Line 6 Spider IV amp. It completely shreds. It is designed to have low mid frequency and that is why I had my eye on it for a while. It is alike a boost of treble and bass. It is perfect for metal. It is very treble and the bass mix together to make a tight sound that will cut through the mix very well. I put it in the bridge for the best results. It is perfect for me because I am a fan of thrash and progressive metal. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Since it is a Seymour Duncan pickup, you know that it is awesome quality. You can depend on it to sound great for years to come. I would buy one for every guitar I own. I got it put in yesterday (Jan. 11, 2013) and I am positive that it will still sound good on Jan. 11 2113. I freakin' like this pup alot. It is HOT and sharp. It has some real bite to it. I can't wai to get on stage and shred with it. It's built to last. It also sounds pretty kicka-s with my DiMarzio Gravity Storm that I got installed with it. // 10

Overall Impression: What I love about it? I love the pickup completely I think it looks cool. Sound-wise, it is just mean. It is the best pickup for blistering leads. I like that it is passive and it still sounds as good as, if not better than an EMG 81. It's percussive and it sounds brutal. I like to play along with my favorite band, Sylosis, and with the TB-6 it sounds like I could be the lead guitarist for that band, (even though he shreds 100x better than me.) I put it in my Schecter Omen Extreme 6 FR. It sounds like an $1000 guitar now that I put these new pups in. // 10

More Seymour Duncan reviews rating category latest review