TE-01 Testify Blues Review

manufacturer: Tone Emporium date: 02/18/2013 category: Pickups
Tone Emporium: TE-01 Testify Blues
So cheers to the pickup makers at Tone Emproium, goodbye mud and hello tone! Fantastic product!
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
TE-01 Testify Blues Reviewed by: Speedydigits, on february 18, 2013

Sound: These are HOT pick-ups and deliver amazing string to string definition. I'm still playing with the height to find the sweet spot, I'm loving tweaking these though. I've installed them in my Mexican Strat that has been severely HOT rodded, one that particularly affects the tone is having the 2nd tone ot active on my bridge pickup. All the positions sound fantastic, my favorites are position 2, 4, and of course the neck... #5. But these are tone I personally look for. Being objective, I'm impressed with all the positions. The bridge can always be a bit tricky with a strat but these deliver a commanding smooth and not harsh tone. I play mostly country, but if you're looking for an SRV type tone, this is definitely the way to go! I play through a Z Wreck, with a handful of effects: Wampler Paisley Drive, Aqua Puss Delay, Boss DD-3, and I toss a few others into the mix when needed. // 10

Reliability & Durability: These look so well put together. I was really impressed with the packaging, you can tell there is a lot of care taken when they are boxed up so as a first impression that sat very well. Also another very high point is the quality of the conductors. The sheath around the wires is heavy duty, made of a cloth type material, so you just need to pull it back to expose the copper wire. This for me made it easy to install, since dressing tiny wires is certainly not my forte. I've had them in for a while now and they are solid as a rock. Not one issue with this category. // 10

Overall Impression: I was first really impressed with the price, you never know what you'll get when taking a chance with a newer company, but I can honestly say that I'd be confident to have all my guitars loaded with Tone Emporium Pickups. There are many models that are available, my next install will be the Majesty HOT Humbucker set in my Ibanez SZR. I use that guitar for more metal type stuff so I'll submit a review after I've given them a good test run. I'm excited to use these because the company is so new, there are so many makes out there it can be overwhelming, but the Tone Emporium site is easy to navigate and any questions I had were answered promptly and accurately. I'm giving every category a 10 because I really believe they deserve a 10. I've had many guitars over the years, and the stock pickups in many of them didn't cut it. So cheers to the pickup makers at Tone Emproium, goodbye mud and hello tone! Fantastic Product!

// 10