Rocksong Review

manufacturer: Tonerider date: 04/13/2010 category: Pickups
Tonerider: Rocksong
The tone is good but on the bridge pickup I think it is too bassy for any lead work really.
 3.9
 7.7
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Rocksong Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 13, 2010

Price paid: £ 25.99

Purchased from: Dangleberry Music

Sound: Output level is medium. I use this pickup with a rubbish Gibson baldwin studio 10S amplifier and a DigiTech rp55. The tone is good but on the bridge pickupn I think it is too bassy for any lead work really. For rythm and powerchords however it is excellent. But it is much too bassy and it does my head in it just about works with the bass on 1 but with it there it sounds good. // 7

Reliability & Durability: It does seem like it will last yes but it would be more sturdy if I had got the nickel or gold version. You can depend on it obviously its no good if your pickups just stop working. It is 3 more for nickel or gold covers but I recommend you get them it will really improve the looks and it will be much more sturdy. // 9

Overall Impression: I love the powerchord rock sound. I hate how bassy it is. I installed this pickups in a Wesley dominator which is a very good quality Gibson Explorer lookalike. I have it installed in the bridge position and I did not get the neck pickup. However I think I must have been sent the wrong pickup because it sounds like a neck pick up. Any questions contact me at aidanbell@ymil.com // 7

More Tonerider reviews rating category latest review
+ British Distortion BD-1 7.3 Guitar Effects 02/08/2012