Some bands choose really strange names for themselves. But when it's not enough - they choose even more strange titles for their albums.
So check out our list of 25 really weird and bizarre album titles!
Honorable mentions are:
- Akira Rabelais - Spellewauerynsherde (2004)
- Big Black - Songs About Fucking (1987)
- Charles Mingus - Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus (1964)
- Curve - Pubic Fruit (1992)
- Deviants IXVI - Eating Jello With a Heated Fork (1996)
- Devo - Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! (1978)
- Explosions in the Sky - Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever (2011)
- George Clinton - Hey Man... Smell My Finger (1993)
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven! (2000)
- Harvey Milk - My Love Is Higher Than Your Assessment of What My Love Could Be (1994)
- Heins Hoffman-Richter - Music to Freak Your Friends and Break Your Lease (1974)
- Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water (2000)
- Omar Rodriguez-Lopez - Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fungus (2008)
- Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese (1991)
- Sparklehorse - Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot (1995)
And here's the list!
25. Murder by Death - Like the Exorcist, But More Breakdancing (2002)
Still can't imagine this....
24. Cap'n Jazz - Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over (1995)
So many different things together...
23. Arckanum - ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ (2009)
Yes, this black metal album has 11 tracks, each of which starts with a letter "Þ".
22. Nurse With Wound - A Handjob From the Laughing Policeman (2006)
Steven Stapleton aka Nurse With Wound is known for his experimental music in different genres - and his album titles are "experimental" too.
21. The 150 Murderous Passions - The 150 Murderous Passions, or Those Belonging to the Fourth Class, Composing the 28 Days of February Spent in Hearing the Narrations of Madame Desgranges, Interspersed Amongst Which Are the Scandalous Doings at the Château During That Month (1981)
Steven Stapleton aka Nurse With Wound and William Bennett of Whitehouse created this haunted record together. And the album title is haunted as well.
20. Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra - Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light on Everything (2014)
A Silver Mt. Zion, a group formed by founding Godspeed You! Black Emperor members, always love strange titles.
19. Prince - Sign "☮" the Times (1987)
For an artist who used an unpronounceable symbol (also known as the "Love Symbol") instead of his name it's quite an ordinary title.
18. Exploring Jezebel - Locking Up the Husband's Penis Is Not Slavery, But Rather the Greatest Act of Kindness Given to a Man (2008)
Do you agree?
If yes - you can check the NSFW cover here.
17. Happy Mondays - Squirrel and G-Man Twenty Four Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out) (1987)
Nice tittle for the band's debut
16. Acid Mothers Temple & The Cosmic Inferno - Demons From Nipples (2005)
One of the weirdest albums they've ever released. For Acid Mothers Temple, that's saying something.
15. Sigur Rós - ( ) (2002)
Minimalism at its best.
14. Modest Mouse - Baron von Bullshit Rides Again (2004)
Modest Mouse always choose good titles - even for their live albums.
13. Butthole Surfers - Hairway to Steven (1988)
How the band with the name "Butthole Surfers" can choose ordinary titles for their songs and albums?
12. Dayglo Abortions - Two Dogs Fucking (1991)
If you play hardcore music, choose the hardcore titles for your albums.
11. Anal Babes - Delirium or Diarrhea (1994)
Still a difficult choice...
10. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica (1969)
Classic weirdness from Captain Beefheart.
9. Alvaro the Chilean with the Singing Nose - Drinkin My Own Sperm (1977)
Ok, we got it.
8. Fiona Apple - When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight And He'll Win The Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters The Ring There's No Body To Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold You (1999)
The album title is a poem Apple wrote on tour after reading the readers' negative letters about her in the December 1997 issue of Spin magazine. On its release, it broke the record for longest album title at 444 characters.
7. Chumbawamba - The Boy Bands Have Won, and All the Copyists and the Tribute Bands and the TV Talent Show Producers Have Won, If We Allow Our Culture to Be Shaped by Mimicry, Whether from Lack of Ideas or from Exaggerated Respect. You Should Never Try to Freeze Culture. What You Can Do Is Recycle That Culture. Take Your Older Brother's Hand-Me-Down Jacket and Re-Style It, Re-Fashion It to the Point Where It Becomes Your Own. But Don't Just Regurgitate Creative History, or Hold Art and Music and Literature as Fixed, Untouchable and Kept Under Glass. The People Who Try to 'Guard' Any Particular Form of Music Are, Like the Copyists and Manufactured Bands, Doing It the Worst Disservice, Because the Only Thing That You Can Do to Music That Will Damage It Is Not Change It, Not Make It Your Own. Because Then It Dies, Then It's Over, Then It's Done, and the Boy Bands Have Won (2008)
The album's title was inspired by Fiona Apple's famous 1999 album "When the Pawn..." The 2007 Soulwax release "Most of the Remixes..." then took the title of longest album name when it was released with a 552 character title. "The Boy Bands Have Won..." has since set the world record for album title length at 865 characters upon its release.
6. The Gerogerigegege - パンクの鬼 Tokyo Anal Dynamite (1990)
One of the most controversial avant-garde/noise acts, Japanese The Gerogerigegege are known for their releasing records with unusual concepts, such as 1989's "Showa," which bookended a recording of people having sex to "Kimigayo", the Japanese national anthem; or "The Night" 7", that features a recording of a man defecating into a toilet after the usual "1 2 3 4!!" count. They also have included many members, the most notable being an exhibitionist known to masturbate onstage during live performances. So as you understand the album titles like that is just a common thing for them.
5. The Mothers of Invention - Weasels Ripped My Flesh (1970)
Maestro of weirdness Frank Zappa himself...
4. Car Bomb - w^w^^w^w (2012)
When having crazy music and album cover like this is not enough...
3. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit (2015)
Sometimes we too...
2. Apator - Masturbate in Praise of Black Satan (1992)
Trvest black metal of all time.
1. Andrew Jackson Jihad - People That Can Eat People Are the Luckiest People in the World (2007)
Cheerful music confirms this.
Feel free to share more weird album titles in the comment section below.