Page 235 of 235
NosferatuZodd09 it would probably take you less to learn to do pinch harmonics than it would take me to get my ears on par with leads. It sounds like doing pinches on every note maybe, but not in the sweet spots. You could probably just put an artificial harmonic on that whistled note and that would be it if you figure out the notes in the lead
Quote by sonnuva
And since I'm here, some selfish self promotion: my band's sloppy old school death doom demo
https://rotheads.bandcamp.com/album/unfazed-by-death

Nice! Sounds a LOT like what Hooded Menace were doing, albeit you're a bit on par with osdm rather than death/doom. Those are some deep ass gutterals and bombastic riffing, great pacing for what I heard (Dark War and Warding Blood).
@severed-metal Thanks! Yeah, we're more of the slow/mid tempo osdm variety rather than death metal influenced doom. Whoever put us on metal archives put the style Death/Thrash though, we're a bit of everything I guess
Zero Substance Thanks, man! It's a bit punk influenced as a name, if you're talking about the band name, but yeah, we like a bit of punk attitude to our music and gigs

And by the ways, Funeral Leech is an awesome name too. I always say that having an awesome name is key. And great mix too
Last edited by sonnuva at Jul 5, 2017,
Quote by sonnuva
NosferatuZodd09 it would probably take you less to learn to do pinch harmonics than it would take me to get my ears on par with leads. It sounds like doing pinches on every note maybe, but not in the sweet spots. You could probably just put an artificial harmonic on that whistled note and that would be it if you figure out the notes in the lead

hahaha iunno about that. but Imma keep trying... meanwhile I'm working on Tenebrous Apparitions as well haha, and Infinite Meditation of an Uncertain Existence and A Red Sky, lol, because this masterpiece of an album needs to be transcribed. everyone seems to think it's tuned to B but so far every song I've tried seems to be in A#, Evoked Doom, one of my favs might be even lower I'm not sure yet. 

Gonna check out your band sometime today! Kinda busy at work atm lol
Dudes, what do you think of the Finnish band Abhorrence? Loosely connected to Amorphis, stylistically and personally. More punkish and straightforward. I prefer them to the first album of Amorphis. Check out Live at Tuska Open Air 2013.

Last edited by Ozzy87_2 at Aug 22, 2017,
Abhorrence's importance in the Finnish DM scene is often understated due to being a demo only band, but really that stuff rips and it's easy to see how it colours a lot of stuff that came out of Finland afterwards
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
Abhorrence's importance in the Finnish DM scene is often understated due to being a demo only band, but really that stuff rips and it's easy to see how it colours a lot of stuff that came out of Finland afterwards

Yes, you can not only hear their influence on Amorphis, but also on Demigod and even on Demilich. Dark and nihilistic athmosphere, grandiose yet simple riffs, great lyrics...
Yeah, Abhorrence is great and I listen to a lot of demos and demo only death metal bands so no problem at all. I even made tabs of two Abhorrence songs a while ago
Saw Cryptopsy play None So Vile the other night. Flo's the only one from the original lineup but you wouldn't know it, they've got the sound absolutely nailed. It was brilliant, best death metal gig I've been to in a while.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
ExDementia Oh yeah, that's a given. The whole Dinner Time episode was one of my absolute favourite moments on this forum/metal internet.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.

Auuuurrrgggh these guys really delivered after the high bar set by the demo! Remember them from the my best of the year list? I'm a fucking seer.

ARGH!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by johnhayman1337
Anyone wanna rec me some tech death that is more on the melodic side? 

Fuck it. I already gave a link in that other thread so might as well throw might shit here since it's relevant.

https://keketmetal.bandcamp.com/releases
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by johnhayman1337
Anyone wanna rec me some tech death that is more on the melodic side? 

ehh not really tech death but these bands IMO have the good amount of techy passages and amazing melodies 

;index=5&list=PLFjpO-iepPz2Bup-oFzdvwB_SL5cH3dwR