Page 234 of 234
been tabbing some Cartilage.. the production + panning are gonna make it difficult to finish it though.. I hope to tab Intro: Carnival of Souls first because that 3 min instrumental is fucking god tier and perhaps more of their stuff while I try to tab all of Fatal Embrace's Shadowsouls' Garden
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Mar 23, 2017,
rky really digging the use of hammer ons and pull offs.. reminds me of the better moments from At the Gates' Within :p cool soon I'll see what I can do, I take tabbing breaks from certain songs via tabbing others lul
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
been tabbing some Cartilage.. the production + panning are gonna make it difficult to finish it though.. I hope to tab Intro: Carnival of Souls first because that 3 min instrumental is fucking god tier and perhaps more of their stuff while I try to tab all of Fatal Embrace's Shadowsouls' Garden

Hey man! Good to see you're keeping the craft of tabbing alive. I have some corrections for you regarding the opening riff: see the file below. If you want I can go through the rest and send you some suggestions/edits, as I've got some time off and feel like being busy doing something haha.
Attachments:
riff1edited.gp5
beadhangingOne damn here I thought I had gotten better. their production fucks me up, but yeah if you could run through it that'd be awesome thanks! lol

man my cartilage tab must be wrong as fuck if i missed those notes like that lol please correct it and hey if you wanna finish it go ahead lol that outro's fucking me up and the solo is giving me shit and that solo riff where it sounds like another guitar plays a weird variation of that riff as a counter melody without a way to isolate it yeah i have no idea lol production's too dense for me... my Fatal Embrace or Utopia Banished tabs should be better for sure lol
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Mar 25, 2017,
Your tab is wrong in a very normal way: it looks like you have a bit of trouble telling the pitch of notes that are on the lower register. That's very common. Notes are very similar in frequency in that range, so they can be hard to discern. I've corrected your tab through measure 88, at which point all riffs in the song have appeared. There's a harmony over that riff which I'm a little too hungover to discern. And the solo I will leave for you I think it will be a good challenge. Listen to the song at half speed. That generally helps with tabbing. 

cheers
Attachments:
cartilage_edited.gp5
beadhangingOne yeah you would be right I've always had problems with notes in the lower register, also cause Cartilage's note choices are also pretty odd and non logical IMO, and with the production even if I play the right notes they don't seem to sync [mind you I also pitch shift it to E to help with that problem but their productions so dense or something]

plz tab that weird harmony in that riff cause I can't isolate it thus yeah Imma get wrecked

however it seems they enjoy using that 6-3 interval and the 3 4 on the lower string and a lot of riffs seem based on those notes [perhaps the odd scale they might be using, I don't see those note groupings often] but it'll help decode the song by providing a sort of note codex so thanks a lot for the help mang!
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Mar 25, 2017,
beadhangingOne hey man I tabbed the last two riffs, with the penultimate riff I literally can't tell whether its either one I tabbed lol this production is too rough with me... also I feel like they're not tuned to C standard exactly.. it's like in between C and B it seems [or C and C#] 

last/3rd to last riff... yeah that's the best I could get it as well, shit is probably wrong but I gave it my best lol sounds fairly close to me though. give it a check up plez! I'll tab the solo later, that one sounds fairly manageable for sure I mean check out my tabs lol I tabbed all of The Plague by Utopia Banished and I feel fairly confident even the solo is like 99% accurate but this.. production and their possible tuning mishap.. too good for me, I tab by playing along with the guitar lol
Attachments:
Cartilage - Ether Depression.gp5
gah you're literally one semitone away from the correct riff on like 4 different occasions. 

The major key riff is my best guess, with that distortion and the bassline doing some wandery things it's quite hard to hear. Bar 88 harmony is added as well. 

Have fun with the solo. NosferatuZodd09 
Attachments:
cartilage_edited2.gp5
beadhangingOne thanks a lot pimp! also LOL gnomesaiyan. 

hmm the chordy riff? and yeah in this release in particular and old Dismember I can't identify the pitches well always sounds out of tune to me despite tuning my guitar perfectly sometimes. :/ which is why tabbing Cenotaph is gonna be a nightmare for me but I really want to because... top tier death metal

I hear some note movement in those first two out of the four chords. also could of sworn I heard a sixth 

Solo should be ok thanks so much for the help I was never gonna get that harmony cause the panning of the sides bleed into each other heavily
Anyone else here who thinks Symbolic is Death's major achievement, although it's pretty much thrash/heavy dressed as death metal? I still enjoy it more than the earlier records. The progressive stuff doesn't stick with me, but when they get in to the heavy metal mode I think it's pure gold.
beadhangingOne so the major key riff as you called it I think is correct that way yeah the bass just kinda made me believe there was some notes moving in the first two chords of the 4 chord sequence.. anyway I made a few corrections on riff 2 and 4 and scrapped the powerchords you added to riff 8 [panned to left and right and there's no chords there, just the two guitars harmonizing in fifths]

and tabbed what I could hear of the solo I think this will be the final revision provided you feel up to it.. thanks a lot again! I hope this will serve me decently when I try more Cartilage lol that production still kills me [also yes I think that final chord is correct or at least a 79 :p ]

Ozzy87_2  just that cool melodic part late in Without Judgement :P otherwise I prefer Scream Bloody Gore, Leprosy and Human over it lol and perhaps Spiritual Healing.. and ITP... bah lol

[edit] ya know the In Godly Flesh demo seems to have better clarity/better production/more crunch.. gonna have to tab all of it
Attachments:
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Mar 30, 2017,
NosferatuZodd09 

Here ya go man. Made a couple changes to the solo. Bar 114 and 118 are too hard to hear, really it's just random passing notes or something. Feel free to put your best guess in them. If you put it in the queue as is, I'll vote for approval. I don't think anyone could be reasonably expected to hear what notes those are anyway.
Attachments:
cartilage_final.gp5
beadhangingOne thanks a lot mang I might be able to get the notes after that small sixteenth note run early in the solo [and tbh I like my first bar of the solo better I hear the 7 be sustained no matter how I listen to the song, EQd, panned to either side] but I'll take the note corrections throughout.....

also turns out I was slightly out of tune hahahaha, my guitar tends to retain it well so I got over confident on it decided to check it out and I was slightly out of tune. 

Anyway check it out if you want! Also vote it in thanks!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/contribution/submit/approval?id=1972831
Attachments:
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Mar 31, 2017,
beadhangingOne welp tabbed out Carnival of Souls last night it was pretty fast I'm confident it should be 100% correct considering I can actually hear because of the crispier production in the EP [also it is in C# there vs C in Fragile :O read the properties lol] mind voting it in? I'm working on The Altar now

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/contribution/submit/approval?id=1974491
Attachments:
Cartilage - Intro Carnival of Souls.gp5
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Apr 1, 2017,
Quote by SpatenHTK
Can anyone explain the album cover of Onward to Golgotha?

Big fat green dildo with teeth and fingers devouring jesus on the cross head first while jesus was donating blood. 
Any fans of early Therion here? They seem to get their credits mainly due to their later opera-symphonic stuff, but they also made some killer death metal albums early in their career.
Quote by SpatenHTK
Can anyone explain the album cover of Onward to Golgotha?

I've got no idea what's going on there, sure looks like Jesus was used for some perverse scheme.

Quote by Kytokinesis
Ozzy87_2 Beyond Sanctorum is killer

The first two are great and the third is also good. Of Darkness... is my favorite. Early Therion kinda reminds me of Beherit's Drawing Down the Moon, a totally different sound than the rest of the scene had at the time yet it still fits within the movement.
who else here fucking loves blood incantation? caught them in oakland yesterday, sick show. just finished and submitted a tab for starspawn too, check it out. i got a bit lazy on some of the drum fills and i'm only like 60% sure of what chord they play on the very last riff but otherwise i think it's like 95% accurate
vastum fans: finished tabbing out and submitted sodomitic malevolence. check it out!