Page 348 of 348
guitarxo
cat
1,649 IQ
Hey I have the HeLa book too. I actually have to read it for a class soon so I'm thinking I might just knock it out this weekend.

But I am also reading an adorable little book about cats and I'd hate to leave it in the middle.
cat
Strumming22
23 IQ
Just finished Eat Pray Love. Thought it was a great book, until I discovered the author got a divorce from her husband in the book...not a happy ending lol
Demon Wolf
GT's Iron Fisted Leader
1,902 IQ
Finished the audio book version of Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children... I liked it alot, good pacing and nice premise.

The movie is out in a month or so, gonna have to watch that. Even though they made some glaring changes, but probably in the interest of the visual spectacle
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
guitarxo
cat
1,649 IQ
I bought Eat Pray Love from an airport bookstore and right after I paid for it, I overheard two women talking about how awful it was. I still read it though.
cat
neidnarb11890
adbot
270 IQ
Quote by neidnarb11890
I'm reading Life of Pi for teaching 'cuz it was summer reading for students & I will have to grade essays on it.

I finished Life of Pi last weekend -- good read, I enjoyed it. Of course I do not go in for all that God stuff, but (like a good Romantic) I just substitute him for the Imagination.

In keeping with my "high school classics," I've been zipping along through Great Expectations on my week off, teehee. It is very trippy & powerful to think of what a different person I am & what the book means to me now vs. when I half-read it in freshman English vs. when I really read it at 19.

tfw Pip's horror at discovering his true benefactor is the horror of coming face-to-face with the ugly Labor that makes the Bourgeoisie's leisure possible.
ali.guitarkid7
Gets Easier
2,304 IQ
Quote by neidnarb11890
I finished Life of Pi last weekend -- good read, I enjoyed it. Of course I do not go in for all that God stuff, but (like a good Romantic) I just substitute him for the Imagination.

Yeah lol guilty as well
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Ali priori / Ali posteriori
steve_muse
beating a dead forum
421 IQ
I really need to read more Dickens. I think I got through half of Great Expectations at uni before the seminar on it and just dropped it for other texts I had to read lol It makes me feel like a fraud whenever I describe things as 'Dickensien' cos I feel like I shouldn't be able to use that term with any authority lol

his writing is terribly boring tho #contemporarykid
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
I've tried reading Dickens and just can't. My step mom got me a copy of Great Expectations and A Tale of Two Cities so I had to act like I was really happy to get them.
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls