Page 26 of 26
pxr5
hawklord
35 IQ
Quote by Eggmond
Using a line input will always sound terrible and can damage your soundcard. You need to get yourself an interface

Thanks I am getting one, ive been using line in for 15 years now, it turned out to be a problem with my sounblaster card, i used the realtek onboard sound and its ok now, are those interface things all the same or do you need a specific type?

Im just wondering if the cheap beringer type interface is the same as an expensive line6 pod interface but without the fancy effects, or should the beringer type interfaces be avoided, i get the impression they are just a cheap introductory interface and not good enough for recording.

thanks
Last edited by pxr5 at May 31, 2013,
Seref
Gobshite
30 IQ
I'm running into a weird problem. I've got a cheap interface that I'm using to experiment with VSTs (didn't want to blow the $100+ on something I might not enjoy) and it works well with ASIO4ALL in Amplitube's standalone program. No issues there at all.

But when I try to load the VST in Reaper it works fine for a while but after a few minutes it will start hissing. Sometimes soft, sometimes really loud, and sometimes it builds up. I noticed that when I go into the Project Settings and I reset the bit rate (go from 44100 to 48000 and back to 44100), the hissing stops. But it always comes back after a while.

Like I said, this doesn't happen at all in standalone programs. Only Reaper. Any ideas?
pxr5
hawklord
35 IQ
Quote by Seref
I'm running into a weird problem. I've got a cheap interface that I'm using to experiment with VSTs (didn't want to blow the $100+ on something I might not enjoy) and it works well with ASIO4ALL in Amplitube's standalone program. No issues there at all.

But when I try to load the VST in Reaper it works fine for a while but after a few minutes it will start hissing. Sometimes soft, sometimes really loud, and sometimes it builds up. I noticed that when I go into the Project Settings and I reset the bit rate (go from 44100 to 48000 and back to 44100), the hissing stops. But it always comes back after a while.

Like I said, this doesn't happen at all in standalone programs. Only Reaper. Any ideas?

Ive only had hissing when I forget to turn the arm record buttons off when not recording. Have you set up the ASIO properly?
Seref
Gobshite
30 IQ
Yep.

I'm going to try a different DAW soon. Since it works fine in standalone programs I'm nearly positive it's a Reaper problem and not a driver or interface problem.
pxr5
hawklord
35 IQ
Quote by Seref
Yep.

I'm going to try a different DAW soon. Since it works fine in standalone programs I'm nearly positive it's a Reaper problem and not a driver or interface problem.

This guy had same issue, even when trying other DAW, his fix was:

sorry to bump this back to the top, but i was able to fix the problem(kinda).

I thought that it might be my usb ports causing the problem and I was correct. I went out and bought a PCI usb port card with a couple ports on it. Plugged in my Lexicon and have had no static since.

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=57034
Seref
Gobshite
30 IQ
Tried every usb port on my computer, didn't fix it.

I'm fairly confident that it's Reaper since I can temporarily stop the buzzing and humming by fiddling with the Project Settings.
BMC15
10 IQ
OK so resurrecting this old thread because the REVALVER tips have been just awesome and allowed me to pull some almighty tones! I am having difficulty with REVALVER 4 - specifically I can't seem to work out how to tweak the input voltage in the new and very confusing 'schematic'... any help anyone?? Im perplexed...
Spambot_2
UG's rum aficionado
130 IQ
^ to raise the input voltage (if you're talking about the guitar's input voltage that is) simply raise the input gain.

Also please use the amp sims sticky instead of this old, outdated thread.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.