Page 14 of 14
I still maintain that CJQ is the 'coolest' Death Metal track ever. In all honesty I haven't really listened to it in a while either.

I think The Unorthodox is starting to creep up there too these days.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I haven't listened to enough Death metal to name any. I really like Vader.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by beadhangingOne
A thirteen-way tie between Cannibal Corpse's first four, Death's last four, Atheist's discography, Heartwork and Necroticism.

Except Death's last three weren't Death Metal and Atheist is prog.
Severed Survival.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Except Death's last three weren't Death Metal and Atheist is prog.

Well, I would classify at least two of Atheist's albums as tech death, and Death's last three as progressive death metal, but w/e.

SUB-GEEENNNREEEES! *shakes fist at sky*
Elements is definitely not death, but the other two are. Though PoT is almost tech thrash...
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by Stranglehold
Heartwork, Sound of Perseverance, Arsis, Arch Enemy albums? pathetic. Not even death metal.

The real answer:

No other album combines a technical, slithering, writhing display of guitarwork with such an ominous atmosphere. The finest moment from Morbid Angel and indeed all of death metal.

This album shoulda been mentioned on the first page. One of the best.
Quote by beadhangingOne
A thirteen-way tie between Cannibal Corpse's first four, Death's last four, Atheist's discography, Heartwork and Necroticism.

I would have to vote down atheist, I way prefer pestillence. I guess carcass win although the new album is beyond bad imo, I got into death when i was 19 and out o fdeath when i was 21 ( I hate symbolic-) that was 8 yrs ago. I guess butchered at birth and tomb win - those riffs and lead solos? crank em up on your Hifi max bass sub. goofy artwork, kida like misfits.
Do we agree that Shuldiner isnt death metal and neither is Nile?-! Prob the only band that has come out where I got to catch the first cd was decapitated and they're not DM any more either. :/
Quote by beadhangingOne
Oh god I was such a noob back then.

Know the feeling
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
pretty sure all of us have been clyde at one point
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Last edited by The Wildchild at May 29, 2014,
I miss him sometimes. He became quite a decent fellow to converse with when he wasn't whinging about females. He was always eager to listen to an album and come back absolutely captivated.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by BL1NDSIDE-J
WTF is with all the necro bumps lately? Did people forget how to read ****ing dates or what?

why are you always so angry
Quote by Ironic Maiden
why are you always so angry

I'm not always angry I just feel the need to quell stupid shit from the forum.
Last edited by BL1NDSIDE-J at May 29, 2014,
Quote by progbass
I miss him sometimes. He became quite a decent fellow to converse with when he wasn't whinging about females. He was always eager to listen to an album and come back absolutely captivated.

Interesting coincidence this is the first thread I have looked at in months, and I'm actually being talked about.

Regardless, I could use some new albums to listen to. I've been stuck in a rut listening to Septic Flesh, Necromass, and Necromantia's respective first two albums over and over and could use some more well structured, somewhat progressive, epic sounding melodic black/death metal bands in this vein. I'm familiar with most of the bands in the Greek scene.
EDIT: At the Gates - TRITSIO is another example of what I'm craving.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Last edited by Crazed Shredder at May 30, 2014,
Quote by Crazed Shredder
Interesting coincidence this is the first thread I have looked at in months, and I'm actually being talked about.

Regardless, I could use some new albums to listen to. I've been stuck in a rut listening to Septic Flesh, Necromass, and Necromantia's respective first two albums over and over and could use some more well structured, somewhat progressive, epic sounding melodic black/death metal bands in this vein. I'm familiar with most of the bands in the Greek scene.
EDIT: At the Gates - TRITSIO is another example of what I'm craving.

The bands that you listed all portray a strong sense of tragic drama in their music. I enjoy this quality very much, because listening to the albums is akin to seeing a performance on stage. Based on this, I highly recommend Intestine Baalism - An Anatomy of the Beast. This death metal record is epic and tragic, and it features incredible riffs and songwriting. For some black metal, check out Avzhia - The Key of Throne. The sprawling melodies and epic compositions will take you through vast, dark wonderlands, instilling you with triumphant, evil power. These two albums blew my mind.
Last edited by P1ayingW1thF1re at May 30, 2014,
Thanks, I'll have to check out Avzhia again. I listened to that album when the rec thread came out, but I had forgotten about it.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
The last 10years have been pretty grim. A hand full of international bands that sound identical to zyklon. The newer sound atm seems to be something like suffocation/lividity with rim shots and gravity blasts.

More like grade B metal played in the style of Onward to Golgotha
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
All of you ought to go and kill yourselves for your false choices - Brutality's Screams of Anguish is the only true answer

WOUNDS EXPOSE THE RANCID BLOOD
MIND ENTRANCED INSATIABLE NEED
TO TAKE LIFE FROM THE LIVING
INTO REALM OF UNKNOWN
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand