Page 3 of 3
Ha, people actually jumped in to defend that hilarious biography...
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I didn't even say anything bad about the music. I mean yeah, I'm not a fan. But that's not the point. The point is that the biography is unbelievably pretentious, and impossible to read without cringing. I don't really get how anybody could read that and think it was reasonable.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Wait, we werent supposed to take it seriously? What am I going to do with all these bone crucifixes and missing girls? I better ask the pit for advice.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2011/02/14/hourof13demos/

Recordings up, with new vocalist. I think its Chad.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
This is my stay home from school and smoke pot all day band.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Missing Girl is just perfect, just saying. I like the S/T more, but I really haven't listened to The Ritualist as much.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

There is no better intro for a doom metal album than Call to Satan. THAT RIFF! It makes you feel like you should head out to the woods and perform some crazy ritual... so occult. There are better bands and songs but there is NO better intro to a doom album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfymbMR9m-E&feature=youtu.be

New track up...I've listened to it a few times now, and it's utterly deadly. Nods to some of the longer Pagan Altar tracks on there, as well as that savage Priest solo in the middle of it.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Bump. Intro riff to Hex of Harm makes my jeans tighter.

Inspite of having listened to one song when I saw this thread a long time ago, somehow haven't gotten around to checking the complete albums yet...on to it now. hoping for something like what happened when I found Pagan Altar or The Lamp.
I think I finally get this band. I mean, they are just making me so god damn happy right now.

Also, that part (The one where the vocals mildly overlap) in Call to Satan reminds me slightly of The Prophet's Song by Queen, coincidentally, they are both my favourite songs by both bands.
I am really enjoying their earlier albums and looking forward to this new one now.
Also the fact that these guys are from NC has had a tiny bit of influence on my instantly liking them...(having lived in NC for almost a year - a while ago it was...but makes me feel nostalgic all the same)
Thoughts on the new album? Ordered it today, listening to it now...sounds absolutely massive. Production is perfect, Swanson sounds great..the old magic is still there.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
My copy should be here any day now. I really can't imagine it being anything less than good.

Speaking of Swanson...new Briton Rites song was released not too long ago(was extremely quality) and new full-length should be out before the years end!
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
You pick this up yet Penisaur? Thoughts?
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Yep it came in last week but man, it's gonna be a bit before I can give it proper attention. For every album I properly listen to, I buy three more. But it's Hour of 13, you know you're going to pick it up regardless, haha. I'll bump this bad boy when I spend some quality time with it.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Definitely....a brilliant slow burner of an album.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by some troll on youtube
You're all a bunch of lady boys...this is a horrible rip off of the obsessed, st vitus, black sabbath and on an even shittier level...dio. It's a shame that douche bags such as yourself will never hear or, be able to enjoy real music because you're too busy dressing like villains from really bad movies. You're all queers with bad taste in everything...the next time you homos are sucking each other off in your parents basement...remember... everyone thinks you're stupid ******s and kill yourself

Anyone heard this? I only just now found out that such a thing exists.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Vestal Claret are killer, as are Nightbitch. Nightbitch are basically Ho13 mixed with Samhain.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Yeah, I've Ritual And Rehearsal from Vestal Claret. I just had no idea they were actually doing anything after Hour Of 13 got going.

Guess I need to grab Bloodbath somewhere.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by palm mute
Do it. Why not?

Hardcore/crossover thrash isn't really my thing. I'm only modestly knowledgeable about it and the few bands I'm into are mainly modern ones; my knowledge of 80's hardcore (the kind Phil is citing as an influence) is pitiful.

So would it be worth it to play music I'm only moderately into/knowledgeable about just for the sake of being in a band with Phil Swanson? If he wound up taking influence from his doom experience and it wound up being a sludge band or something I could make that work, but it doesn't look like that's what he's after.

Plus I'm unemployed and need a new amp pronto (preamp in mine blew out and I'm currently using a pedal to replace it). Gotta keep my priorities straight.
Been listening to the debut album tons lately.

The album closer "Missing Girl" is one of the best album closers. Perfect song.
I drink your milkshake.
That album is amazing...they didn't really reach the same heights later but all their albums are still very good.
Call to Satan has a definite Prophet's Song sound to it.

Apparently they changed their name to Night Magic? Whatever I guess, debut is still blasphemous. Who else calls for satan?

FROM THE ABYSS PLEASE HEAR THY CALL
LORD AND MASTER RULER OF ALL
GOD OF AGE HEAR WHAT I SING
KING OF THE DARKNESS
KING OF THE DARKNESS IN EVERYTHING

Enough with God on these ****ing forums.
Chad changed it after Jason McCash (Gates of Slumber) died. They kept the brimstone but changed the name, also new line-up.

Ben Hogg - vocals (Birds of Prey-Beaten Back To Pure)
Joe Dillon - percussion (Sinister Haze-Pillars-Balaclava)
Matt Davis - bass guitar (Vorator)
Chad Davis - guitar
Quote by severed-metal
Call to Satan has a definite Prophet's Song sound to it.

Apparently they changed their name to Night Magic?

err what?
So from a killer band with a cool name they went to this?
Page 3 of 3