Page 97 of 97
Quote by Nero Galon
Did my biggest (I think) haul spending £60 in one go the other week.

Bought John Martyn's Solid Air and One World, Sylvan Esso's self titled LP and Baths' Ocean Death EP which has a super cool colour pressing pattern.

have you heard Baths's new song? it's nice. tho i don't see how whatever he does next can top GOAT Obsidian
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
steve_muse

I don't believe I have

Obsidian was the first Baths record I bought because Miasma Sky was the first song I found of his so I listened through Obsidian before Cerulean.

They're both incredible. Maybe because I've listened to Obsidian more than Cerulean so far that I've been enjoying Cerulean more because it's more fresh to me at the moment. Obsidian is also way more darker in mood and tone than Cerulean. I've been digging the happier vibes more recently from Cerulean.

Ocean Death EP without a doubt stands up head to head with Obsidian and Cerulean though so I don't doubt he can keep at it, I'm just surprised he's managed to do two LPs and an EP that have been all GOAT so far - ''tis very rare that happens.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Yea same I heard Obsidian first but really liked Cerulean too when I listened to it. Both incredible. Ocean Death is cool, though I remember only really loving the title track, but I should revisit it.

Here's the new track btw

https://soundcloud.com/bathsmusic/big-world-1
Quote by ErikLensherr

Gonna be honest I don't like that

Quote by metal4eva_22
yea it aint nothin special
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by jakesmellspoo
I'd probably buy the Drive OST on pink vinyl if the price was right.

You ever gone into HMV and they have a deadstock one they found at back for £20? I did
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
You ever gone into HMV and they have a deadstock one they found at back for £20? I did
I don't think we have those in the US.

we might have Virgin stores somewhere and there's Amoeba out on the west coast. other than that the only record stores i know of in the NJ/NY area are smaller ones.

i guess we might still have FYE if they haven't gone out of business, but they're generally overpriced and don't have much worth looking at.

i order most of my shit online. i did get some limited colored pressing from a label once when they cleaned out their storage and found a bunch of OOP shit.

it's a Leftover Crack record tho, so it's nothing special or even particularly good.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
NJs got some pretty good record stores.
i saw a "Fuck World Trade" LP last time i was at a record store & was like lol remember when i listened to leftover crack. then i bought miles davis & beatles LPs. #notapunk
yeah Vintage Vinyl is my go-to.

my favorite one was this smaller place called Curmudgeon, but they went out of business years ago.

probably partly because the owner did shit like take $20 off $40 worth of records when i went in because he liked my back patch.

i used to go to the Princeton Record Exchange, but they've gone a bit downhill in terms of their punk selection. plus fuck Princeton yuppies.

one opened up at the mall near where i live now, but their punk section is always empty. owner told me it gets cleared out almost as soon as he fills it.

did manage to find an old Angry Samoans thing I hadn't heard of tho. gotta go back sometime soon.

i should actually start using my record player again. been collecting dust for months now.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I am pretty sure I have been to vintage vinyl. I got "Too Tough to Die" & a live Eno LP & other shit I forget at Princeton record exchange.
Kinda weird how Spillers in Cardiff is the oldest record shop in the world.

I bought Grimes' Art Angels from there.

Quote by metal4eva_22
The best for newer stuff near me is Banquet in Kingston. Also put on lots of great shows (last one i went to was Pianos Become the Teeth, Goodtime Boys and Brotherhood of the Lake)
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Art Angels

my local record shop is pretty great. It's linked to this vegan cafe (hipster af amirite) and has a pretty vast range
Quote by ErikLensherr

sooooo anyone participating in The Real Xmas this saturday?
Quote by ErikLensherr

steve_muse 

on,y thing that interests me is Prince's 1999/Little Red Corvette but I have no idea what price to expect. Probably something crazy.

Quote by metal4eva_22
^lemme check what my local record store's price listing is

edit: here - PRINCE - Little Red Corvette / 1999 7" (Rhino, picture disc, ltd to 1000 for UK) £13.99

expensive shit for a fkn single, picture disc or not. I actually don't really get the deal with picture discs.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Last edited by steve_muse at Apr 19, 2017,
Quote by steve_muse
^lemme check what my local record store's price listing is

edit: here - PRINCE - Little Red Corvette / 1999 7" (Rhino, picture disc, ltd to 1000 for UK) £13.99

expensive shit for a fkn single, picture disc or not. I actually don't really get the deal with picture discs.

Picture discs are generally limited edition, but lower fidelity due to the manufacturing process.
im a big daft hypocrite anyway cos i got the Art of Noise picture disc which looks hilarious/weird and actually sounds pretty decent.

also got:

The Cribs - Men's Need's, Women's Needs, Whatever
Penguin Cafe/Cornelius split

Also wanted Blade Runner OST but no luck (although they said a delivery van hadn't arrived in time or something), and the Bowie No Plan EP but im not too fussed since it was also released on black vinyl the other day
Quote by ErikLensherr

Yeah nah I'm gonna buy Prince's 1999 double LP for £13 lol, cheapest double LP I've ever seen. I was only interested in the 1999/Little Red Corvette because I hadn't given the full album a chance and last night I did and it's great. Also there are 12" + 7" of the singles already in circulation for pretty cheap anyway on eBay. But hey, a new double LP of 1999 for £13 how the fuck do you not!?

Also I bought recently Dylan's Blood on the Tracks and Nick Drake's A Tresuary for £10 each new (bargain), A Sunny Day in Glasgow's Sea Went Absent for £13.

Went to local store yesterday because I had time, they weren't participating in the new releases because they don't like what it has become with all the flipping, bad for most people. I did manage to grab Police's Synchronicity in excellent used condition £7 meaning only Regatta De Blanc is left to finish my collection of them. I also found Sigur Ros' () for £22 new and started my collection of them. Gorgeous packaging. Kveikur was also there but I haven't listened through it yet, looking forward to seeing the drastic change. Valtari and Agaetis Byrjun will likely be my next from them, cant wait for the day they reissue Takk... because fuck paying £70+ for it.

Quote by metal4eva_22
The only sigur ros I dobt own on vinyl is Von, mostly cos I only like a few tracks from it

And i am one of those years who bought the super expensive but beautiful Takk rerelease lol altho it was actually a present from the gf so

describing kvieker as a 'drastic change' isn't too accurate imo. It does have some great dark monsters, but other than that it's standard fare SR stuff, with some low moments too - there's a song that wouldn't be out of place in a coldplay record
Quote by ErikLensherr

Last edited by steve_muse at Apr 23, 2017,
I need to get my hifi sorted over here. Going to wait until I actually settle down a bit, then figure out who my company is friendly with hifi electronics wise. I think we're mates with VPI turntables.

EDIT: Which means, for you UK based UGers, there's potentially some decent hifi in the U.K. to be bought
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Apr 23, 2017,
I have a strong desire to get a Bruce Springsteen record. Someone hmu
My God, it's full of stars!
being vinylheads, do y'all still buy downloads or CDs? I tend not to, and it kinda pisses me off when I discover an artist I really like whose music is only available in mp3 and CD lmao, which is silly of me cos I forget vinyl production, though increasingly widespread, still isn't everywhere or even particularly feasible to produce for lots of artists.

i am spoilt
Quote by ErikLensherr

I do yeah, I don't want a HUGE vinyl collection, and I don't listen to certain music loudly throughout the house (my wife wouldn't be a fan.) I save the vinyls I buy for stuff that I think would "sound really good on vinyl" (dumb/pretentious I know) and that both my wife and I would enjoy.

Basically my vinyl collection is an exclusive club.
My God, it's full of stars!
^damn, that's brilliant. I should probably invest in something like that for my digital listening cos, let's be real, spotify's what I do most of my listening on. my audiotechnica headphones are good for that just now, but it'd be cool to stream stuff on great speakers too.

my turntable's set up but yea, it doesn't look too neat with one speaker sitting on a (broken) digital piano and the other on a bookcase lol, one of the things which excites me about moving out sometime soon, dat space.
Quote by ErikLensherr

It does have analogue input for line level, so a turntable with line level or a Phono stage will hook right up.

I presented it at the Bristol Show this year, as well as there for the Singapore and Kuala Lumpur launch. Amazing response, which is good, as it's based on arguably the best reviewed passive loudspeaker of all time.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Apr 23, 2017,
Quote by steve_muse
The only sigur ros I dobt own on vinyl is Von, mostly cos I only like a few tracks from it

And i am one of those years who bought the super expensive but beautiful Takk rerelease lol altho it was actually a present from the gf so

describing kvieker as a 'drastic change' isn't too accurate imo. It does have some great dark monsters, but other than that it's standard fare SR stuff, with some low moments too - there's a song that wouldn't be out of place in a coldplay record

Listened to it earlier and you're right, it's still very much a classic Sigur Ros album. Kveikur is probably the only track on the entire album where I felt they broke new ground. Great album and I will be getting it.
Quote by steve_muse
being vinylheads, do y'all still buy downloads or CDs? I tend not to, and it kinda pisses me off when I discover an artist I really like whose music is only available in mp3 and CD lmao, which is silly of me cos I forget vinyl production, though increasingly widespread, still isn't everywhere or even particularly feasible to produce for lots of artists.

i am spoilt

I never buy MP3's although strangely I get a bit pissed off when I buy vinyl and it doesn't come with an MP3 lol. I kinda see it as a standard practice and not doing it makes me wonder wtf happened.

CD's.... I am considering buying some CD's that I can't get on vinyl such as State Radio's Us Against the Crown and Breton's War Room Stories Deluxe. I mean, with State Radio that album is a great car CD so its all good, but am feeling Breton's would be cooler on vinyl. They already have the original version on vinyl but the deluxe version isn't and I don't know if it ever will.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Annnnnd I just bought the newest pressing of Takk... BRAND NEW MINT for £42 inc. £3 postage. Seems pretty fair considering how you can't find it bloody anywhere. 

Don't judge me alright, this is my gift to myself for completing my undergrad.

Quote by metal4eva_22
I picked up a record player a few month back on amazon for like $100 so my grandma could listen to the record her and my grandfather had collected over the years. There was nothing in the collection i liked aside from a louis armstrong record. I went to the record store to buy a few. Jesus I had no idea they costed so much. I wanted a wide variety so i picked up a beach boys album, Rolling stones, and a GnR album. the beach boys and stones albums sound amazing. My  buddy who works as a sound tech made fun of me for buying one but he wanted one after he heard the way they sounded. They GnR album is a live recording and it sounds very trebly. Not sure if it was recorded for cd, and put on records (it was brand new). But for a band i love/hate (axl can piss up a pole) I dont enjoy the sound at all.