Page 10 of 10
Zombat
Why Make it Unoriginal?
559 IQ
the neck and the headstock will both be a lot smaller after I cut out the headstock, thinner too, but I don't think it'll be any lighter than the thunderbird.
MetalUpTheAss
Has commitment issues.
872 IQ
Originally posted by Zombat
Metal - Thanks, the neck should feel like a thunderbird

Ah. Is it gonna be painted?
haha
yzerman17
Randy Rhoads Fan
27 IQ
thats sick.

Good luck man
Originally posted by slash_cobain
when the refrigerater tells u to kill stuff and then u do it and noone believes that the refrigerater would say such a thing and while all this is going on, the frige, sitting innocently in the corner, starts making anti semitic remarks
Zombat
Why Make it Unoriginal?
559 IQ
thanks!

Well I'm back at my old shop, and boy, is it good to be back. the shop at the school is horribly inadequate by comparison. So once my teacher cleans out the filtration system I'm gonna start realyl working on it. right now the most important thing on my list is ordering wood for the fretboard so I can get that done and attached as soon as possible.

today i planed the sides down to get rid of scratches and dents it got while coming home from college.

can't do much but cut out the headstock untill the fretboard arrives tho ...

twelvestringtex
UG Addict
599 IQ
this looks interesting, i like a good neck-thru!

EDIT: nice tablesaw by the way... mine has walked off recently (im gonna have to have a talk with my parents over that)
Last edited by twelvestringtex at Jul 5, 2005,
Ironflippy
Baby Eater of the East!
315 IQ
Damn! I'm in love with the stain you did on that guitar. I'd like to stain my bass like that, and carve a celtic knot in. But it all depends on how well the grain looks when I sand off the current finish.

As for your bass, it looks like the body is kind of small, but it may just be me. CONVINCE YOUR ROOM MATE TO LET YOU STAIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The color of the two woods contrast nicely. Check out carvin's website for pics on nech-throughs with a clear/stained finish. www.carvin.com
ReD RoCkEt MaN
Banned
10 IQ
F***in' amazing man!!! You say that this is your second project, but you build like a pro!!!

Cheers
onenakfaplease
ug's resident fat bassist
1,547 IQ
hey man i am AMAZED by you. and inspired. on the first guitar, did you just cut the initial slab out of the mahogany with a jigsaw. then did you just sand for ages to get the sections where its a sloping corner?

thanks man
since the blues mafia wont have me

founding member of ug blues rock and southern rock mafia pm me to join