Page 755 of 755
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I mean you could probably even check your local CL. Then you dont even need to deal with waiting and shipping.

I live in a rural area in southern Indiana so I highly doubt there is much around me, but will definitely check. Any years that I should shy away from?
Quote by Dinglebuttz
Any years that I should shy away from?

No but im mostly a player and not a cork sniffer.

Corkers dont like 14-15. They dont like Norlin 70s-87. Henry J era 96-98 are the new holy grail LP years and other crap as well

If youre in a more rural area maybe it would be better to buy it new.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
No but im mostly a player and not a cork sniffer.

Corkers dont like 14-15. They dont like Norlin 70s-87. Henry J era 96-98 are the new holy grail LP years and other crap as well

If youre in a more rural area maybe it would be better to buy it new.

Haha, sounds good. Thanks for the advice.
Quote by Dinglebuttz
Haha, sounds good. Thanks for the advice.

Best thing to do is try a bunch out at your local store if they have a few models available. Or if you wanted to order in store try to find a Gibby with a neck you like and then order a model that has a similar one maybe.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Do you game on your computer?

I ordered some more stuff, the estimated delivery says it will be here before the big day, but we will see. I should have not waited so long. But I did the same thing, I treated myself to a copy of Pokemon moon.
Quote by Silent_Crow13
Do you game on your computer?

I ordered some more stuff, the estimated delivery says it will be here before the big day, but we will see. I should have not waited so long. But I did the same thing, I treated myself to a copy of Pokemon moon.

I game and do a lot of music stuff for fun. My current rig is closing in on 4 years old and its starting to bottleneck pretty hard on newer releases so I have been slowly picking parts up on sale the last few months. Grabbed a 6gb GTX 1060, a 600B PSU, and an SSD so far. Gonna be picking up a Z170m pro 4s, a Deepcool Tesseract, some case fans and some ram this weekend.

The last thing I'm waiting to drop in price is a nice i7 6700k and a cooling fan for it. Then I can assemble my new tower. It's funny cause I was intending this to just be an upgrade but with how old my MOBO is etc... it's more worth it to just build one up. What I'm running now is just an older 4th gen I5 4440 with a GTX 780. It runs okay for most things but just not what I need it for ATM. I'm probably just gonna give my old PC to my GF

Nice, I picked up Sun myself. Also DB Fusions cause I'm a dork
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I game and do a lot of music stuff for fun. My current rig is closing in on 4 years old and its starting to bottleneck pretty hard on newer releases so I have been slowly picking parts up on sale the last few months. Grabbed a 6gb GTX 1060, a 600B PSU, and an SSD so far. Gonna be picking up a Z170m pro 4s, a Deepcool Tesseract, some case fans and some ram this weekend.

The last thing I'm waiting to drop in price is a nice i7 6700k and a cooling fan for it. Then I can assemble my new tower. It's funny cause I was intending this to just be an upgrade but with how old my MOBO is etc... it's more worth it to just build one up. What I'm running now is just an older 4th gen I5 4440 with a GTX 780. It runs okay for most things but just not what I need it for ATM. I'm probably just gonna give my old PC to my GF

Nice, fellow gamer guitarist here too

I have an i7 6700k/gtx 1070 rig I built back in August for Battlefield 1. Love it. Also, I bought the Pokemon Sun/Moon double pack like a nerd too!

On topic, I'm really liking the looks of the 2017 SG Standard in Cherry. Just a classic looking axe.
Nice, what are you using for a mobo?
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a gamer, too. Old school...'cause I'm old.

I've been playing RPGs since before there were MMORPGs. Like...D&D. Still do.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I'm a gamer, too. Old school...'cause I'm old.

I've been playing RPGs since before there were MMORPGs. Like...D&D. Still do.

Were you DM or did you have a designated one?
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Been on both sides of the screen, actually. In multiple systems.

My dad had a slide rule & a pocket protector. I'm a nerd, son of nerd.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Nice, what are you using for a mobo?

Asus Maximus VIII Ranger or something with a ridiculous name like that. Been rock solid so far!
My dad was more of a geek in the sense that he loved gadgets. To him though, D and D is a burger shop up the road LOL
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Gamer here as well. Had Steep on pre-order and it's awesome.
i7 4790k / GTX 970 / 16GB RAM rig over here.

Don't waste money on mobo's, by the way. Look for the functionality you need and know will use and just get whatever reputable brand you like. A 300 dollar mobo might look awesome with its Crossfire and SLI support, onboard WLAN, SPDIF out, M.2 connections and whatnot, but if you're never going to use it, don't waste money on it. Same goes for CPU's, really. A 6700k is awesome, but if you never plan to overclock it, you might as well buy the regular 6700 and save a buck. Just my reasoning and what I recommend to most people, YMMV.
Quote by I K0nijn I
Gamer here as well. Had Steep on pre-order and it's awesome.
i7 4790k / GTX 970 / 16GB RAM rig over here.

Don't waste money on mobo's, by the way. Look for the functionality you need and know will use and just get whatever reputable brand you like. A 300 dollar mobo might look awesome with its Crossfire and SLI support, onboard WLAN, SPDIF out, M.2 connections and whatnot, but if you're never going to use it, don't waste money on it. Same goes for CPU's, really. A 6700k is awesome, but if you never plan to overclock it, you might as well buy the regular 6700 and save a buck. Just my reasoning and what I recommend to most people, YMMV.

I get where you're coming from but an Asrock z170m pro 4s for 80 bucks and I can run 6th gen intel stuff vs my current h81m-e? That's a no brainer upgrade IMO. A 4790k costs the same as a 6700k and at least I wouldn't have to worry about the future too much if I'm running a LGA1151/55/56 board. The h81 is a terrible overclocker as well. I can't change clock speeds on non core precessors and a regular 6700 doesn't work on an LGA1150 I have. I currently have an LGA1150 socket and upgrading to a 4790k would be the best I can do and that's just not cost efficient. Fact is the LGA1150 sockets are at the end of the line and my current mobo isn't going to last that long if I'm planning to upgrade in the future so I'd rather get it over with now.

I plan on getting that 6700k close to 5ghz as well so I kind of need a mobo that can OC decently enough.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Dec 2, 2016,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

How is DB fusions? I'll have to get ya my fc. Did you beat Pokemon yet?
Quote by Silent_Crow13
How is DB fusions? I'll have to get ya my fc. Did you beat Pokemon yet?

Its fun. It's like a really simple JRPG with some extra elements and a bit of DB flair. The fusions are kind of cool as well. I didn't beat pokemon cause I got distracted with Fusions LOL
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Its fun. It's like a really simple JRPG with some extra elements and a bit of DB flair. The fusions are kind of cool as well. I didn't beat pokemon cause I got distracted with Fusions LOL
I'll have to check it out. I'be been a dbz fan since I was in elementary school. Pokemon is good, it's a lil tougher than I thought it would be too, granted I did not plan out my team and just played with what I liked for my first play through.
Quote by Silent_Crow13
I'll have to check it out. I'be been a dbz fan since I was in elementary school. Pokemon is good, it's a lil tougher than I thought it would be too, granted I did not plan out my team and just played with what I liked for my first play through.

I tend to beat pokemon games pretty quick. I usually hunt for pokemon with good EV/IVs etc...
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
I usually breed all of my good Pokemon, then I check their Iv and ev train them based on the role they will play in my battling team. But for just playing through the game I usually just use what I like or haven't used before while still trying to keep it balanced
Quote by Silent_Crow13
I usually breed all of my good Pokemon, then I check their Iv and ev train them based on the role they will play in my battling team. But for just playing through the game I usually just use what I like or haven't used before while still trying to keep it balanced

I spend hours catching pokemon before I actually start the game
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I get where you're coming from but an Asrock z170m pro 4s for 80 bucks and I can run 6th gen intel stuff vs my current h81m-e? That's a no brainer upgrade IMO. A 4790k costs the same as a 6700k and at least I wouldn't have to worry about the future too much if I'm running a LGA1151/55/56 board. The h81 is a terrible overclocker as well. I can't change clock speeds on non core precessors and a regular 6700 doesn't work on an LGA1150 I have. I currently have an LGA1150 socket and upgrading to a 4790k would be the best I can do and that's just not cost efficient. Fact is the LGA1150 sockets are at the end of the line and my current mobo isn't going to last that long if I'm planning to upgrade in the future so I'd rather get it over with now.

I plan on getting that 6700k close to 5ghz as well so I kind of need a mobo that can OC decently enough.

Yeah, I totally get it. I meant it more in the sense that I know people that spent over 250 euros on their motherboard because they "needed" all the features at the time and never used them. The money they could've saved could've bought them extra storage, more RAM or a lot of beer.

In your case, it's a no-brainer indeed. ^^
We have all done that. Who ya gonna use on your team? I remember one time when I was playing heart gold I searched for a solid two hours for a larvitar in the safari zone, good times. I've transferred to every game since. I think I just did that because he is my favorite ookemon
Quote by Silent_Crow13
We have all done that. Who ya gonna use on your team? I remember one time when I was playing heart gold I searched for a solid two hours for a larvitar in the safari zone, good times. I've transferred to every game since. I think I just did that because he is my favorite ookemon

Probably Greninja, Incineroar, Lurantis, Raichu, Drampa and a Chansey

Quote by I K0nijn I
Yeah, I totally get it. I meant it more in the sense that I know people that spent over 250 euros on their motherboard because they "needed" all the features at the time and never used them. The money they could've saved could've bought them extra storage, more RAM or a lot of beer.

In your case, it's a no-brainer indeed. ^^

For sure
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Silent_Crow13
Cool man. I chose Rowlet, it was pretty awesome. He was better late game though.

I went with Litten just cause:

1) I always go with Fire starters

2) He's a fucking derpy cat.

I don't even like cats and I had to. He looks stoned as shit
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Pokémon? I'm always only looking for:

Chikachew

Jigglypuff

Or Squirtle.

I don't have to catch them all. One would do.

alhaq369
Quote by Silent_Crow13
He becomes a badass though. Almost as awesome as typholsion.

He does end up looking pretty sweet when he evolves
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Depends. Sometimes I do and sometimes I dont.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Checked out a 2017 Gibson SG Standard at guitar center today when I went outta town... Was very nice. Was surprised how thin the neck is, was expecting it to be chunkier but it's got some slimtaper neck going on. Locking tuners as well!

Real tempted to buy one now for my first SG.
Quote by Dinglebuttz
Checked out a 2017 Gibson SG Standard at guitar center today when I went outta town... Was very nice. Was surprised how thin the neck is, was expecting it to be chunkier but it's got some slimtaper neck going on. Locking tuners as well!

do it.

I swear I'm not saying it so I can live vicariously through you
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I went with Litten just cause:

1) I always go with Fire starters

2) He's a fucking derpy cat.
I always go with fire starters also, but this weirds me out:

So I'm probably going to go water this time around. But then, I haven't played anything since Silver so
Quote by Dinglebuttz

In general SGs tend to come with slimmer necks. Some standards and specials have thickers 50s style necks but IIRC it isn't the norm.

Nice guitars though.

Quote by JAHellraiser
do it.

I swear I'm not saying it so I can live vicariously through you

There is a name I haven't seen in a while

Quote by K33nbl4d3
I always go with fire starters also, but this weirds me out:

So I'm probably going to go water this time around. But then, I haven't played anything since Silver so

He looks like a pro wrestler. I'm game

I ended up picking up the rest of my parts for my computer as well cause I'm an idiot and impatient. Went home with a ZX170x Gaming 3, an i7 6700k, hyper 212 EVO, Deepcool case, a few extra fans, some DDR4 and a new HDD to go with the SSD. My wallet hates me so much but I'm loving it. Gonna be assembling my tower this weekend.

I actually managed to save a decent amount of coin cause of rebates/december sales so it doesn't hurt that bad but I also still have some presents to buy people so that sucks
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Litten is pretty awesome, Looks wise I like him the best. My girlfriend gave me my birthday present early. She got me a squirrel mounted at the shoulders like a deer.
Caved in. I made it to the last day of the 0% financing promo but just ended up ordering a shiny new Gibson SG Standard in Heritage Cherry finish. Store is supposed to be getting more in stock in a couple weeks. Pretty excited