Page 751 of 751
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
what are you going back for?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Silent_Crow13
The Crow is Silent
879 IQ
I am going back for medical coding. I'd been wanting to do something different for a long time and I think I would enjoy a job like that more than what I am currently doing. What I do now is not too hard but I do have to be in at 4am most days, plus my boss and coworkers are some of the most awful people I've met in my entire life.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
Nice man, yeah sounds like you'd enjoy it more.

Let us know how it goes
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
Nothing really. Been working full time the last 2-3 years, jamming with peeps once in a while and mostly just enjoying myself. I'll be taking heading back to school for computer engineering technologies by next year as well most likely. Can't complain, that's for sure.

I still buy and sell gear a bit but not quite as frequently as I did when I was younger. Right now I'm working on finishing my pedalboard.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Silent_Crow13
The Crow is Silent
879 IQ
That's about how long I've been doing the full time thing. Sweet, man. What kind of job do you have now? You probably have a pretty awesome setup by now I'd guess though. I just bought an old lawsuit takamine acoustic for $70 in a thrift shop awhile back. It was pretty killer
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
Im a manager at a storage place. It's not exciting but it pays stupid so I stick around. Beats working at Mcdicks either way.

My setup is okay. I had nicer amps before I guess but I like the sounds I get now so I'm not really worried. A couple of tube amps, a bunch of pedals and a ton of guitars. I need a new bass, another acoustic and maybe a semi-hollow though to round out the collection. Especially since I have 4 LPs and 0 335s
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Silent_Crow13
The Crow is Silent
879 IQ
About everything beats that though, I've heard some awful stories from friends that worked there in highschool. Hey man if you dig it, that's all that matters. You should look into Eastman guitars for an acoustic. They make some top notch stuff and are pretty affordable. My gear list currently consists of 1 amp, 3 acoustics, 1 electric, and 2 ukes
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
Tbh ill probably be grabbing a taylor.

I like the Eastman 335 though.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Silent_Crow13
The Crow is Silent
879 IQ
I do like Taylors. Probably more so than most new Martins actually. I feel like you get a more consistent instrument for the money and I can honestly say I've never played one that was a dawg either.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
I never played a new martin that I liked that costed less than 1500 bucks.

I have played Taylors in the 600-800 dollar range I absolutely love so that tells you where I sit

Mind you I still like the sound of a nice Martin. My best friend has an old D-18 that kills and I'm not gonna lie, I thought of killing him to take it.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Silent_Crow13
The Crow is Silent
879 IQ
To be honest they just ain't that great anymore. They make good guitars still but not at the right price point. A new D16 will set you back close to $2000, and a d18 close to $2500, were as you can get a Taylor 310, very similar specs with a few upgrades from the d16 for $1200 and even more down the line you can get Eastman's, recording kings, blueridge, etc that will compete and in some cases out perform their martin daddy for less than a grand. But yes old ones do have a magic about them, was it hard tonight the blood lust? I played a 53 d18 at my local shop that left me in aw, it was a beast.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
Yeah Martins definitely aren't the greatest in the entire range anymore but I don't mind since I'm perfectly happy with a Taylor
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Silent_Crow13
The Crow is Silent
879 IQ
What model did ya have in mind? The bluegrass circles around here are usually martin purist. I can't tell you how many times I've heard something like "now son, when are you gonna wise up and get yourself a martin?"
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
I don't play bluegrass nor do I play with old fogeys so I don't deal with that shit.

Nothing too serious, probably just a GS Mini-E or something. A guy I know has the Koa one and it sounds really good, even if it's a laminate top. Might see if he wants to part with it. I know he isn't as crazy about it anymore cause he thought it was a solid top and I had to break the bad news that it's not.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Tomo J O
Toast
441 IQ
H4T3BR33D3R

That really is a beauty, great find man. How does she play?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
Quote by Tomo J O
H4T3BR33D3R

That really is a beauty, great find man. How does she play?

Plays nice. Has a slimmer neck then the SG Supreme I had years ago and feels much better. Sounds pretty killer too with the 50/60SR set.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Silent_Crow13
The Crow is Silent
879 IQ
Im big into bluegrass, it's almost exclusively what I play. Those G's mini are really good though, I played the one with a spruce over sapele and it really surprised me. It was an extremely comfortable and had a big sound.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
Yeah I was super surprised with how nice they sounded all things considered. Gave me GAS for one either way

I'm still a sucker for a nice Jumbo, but I don't play acoustic enough for me to justify a J200 unfortunately but maybe one day.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Silent_Crow13
The Crow is Silent
879 IQ
It would be a good motivation to play more acoustic. I'm the exact opposite, I never play electric, the SG is a nice decoration though. I've never been in Jumbo's. I'm more or a AJ or Dread dude.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
For sure.

My SG doesn't get enough play time. I really should play it more. On the plus side, I had a buddy over last night and we messed with my pedalboard for a few hours and were getting crazy tones out of it.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah I was super surprised with how nice they sounded all things considered. Gave me GAS for one either way

I'm still a sucker for a nice Jumbo, but I don't play acoustic enough for me to justify a J200 unfortunately but maybe one day.

Look at these...but whatever you do, DON'T look at the prices!

http://www.ryanguitars.com/KRG-Instruments.html
http://www.esomogyi.com/index.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Tubyboulin
UG Spammer
2,828 IQ
Quote by Silent_Crow13
What's up guys? Figured id drop in. Someone mentioned about getting involved in each other's lives, I'll give ya an update. I'm currently a butcher in a grocery store,i hate my job, I'm going back to school starting this month, I have a girlfriend and we have been together over a year now, and that's about all I can think of at the moment.

Sweet man, good luck with that!

If anyone wants to know about my life, on my last date the girl didn't know it was a date, and I worked on everyones favourite movie of the summer, Ghostbusters, so all in all, I'm peachy.

Also, I accidentally didn't SG again. But I like it a lot.
Tubyboulin
UG Spammer
2,828 IQ
Quote by Silent_Crow13
What's up guys? Figured id drop in. Someone mentioned about getting involved in each other's lives, I'll give ya an update. I'm currently a butcher in a grocery store,i hate my job, I'm going back to school starting this month, I have a girlfriend and we have been together over a year now, and that's about all I can think of at the moment.

Sweet man, good luck with that!

If anyone wants to know about my life, on my last date the girl didn't know it was a date, and I worked on everyones favourite movie of the summer, Ghostbusters, so all in all, I'm peachy.

Also, I accidentally didn't SG again. But I like it a lot.

H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
Nice, that's the Timmons model right?

What a killer player.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Tubyboulin
UG Spammer
2,828 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Nice, that's the Timmons model right?

What a killer player.

Yep. It's the AT10P. Great feeling neck, and I really like the cruisers. First guitar with single-coil(ish) pickups.
Silent_Crow13
The Crow is Silent
879 IQ
I went and saw the David mayfield parade last night. If any of you guys ever have the chance to check out a show i highly suggest it. It was easily one of the best shows I've been too.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
What kind of music is it?

I honestly can't remember the last time I went to a show. Most of the bands around here I'm not into so I just go when bigger acts come. Problem is, my city is one of those weird cities that gets skipped all the time cause it's literally surrounded by bigger places so big acts don't really come as often.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
Yeah I can't say I'm into that at all but I'm sure he is good.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Midnight Murk
Flying Low
25 IQ
Quote by Tubyboulin
I heard my name whats up
This makes my year! It's good to see that you're still around.
Last edited by Midnight Murk at Aug 16, 2016,