Page 99 of 99
honestly I mostly care about the inner coils if each humbucker.

This is the guitar I'm trying to model the wiring after, if I do indeed invest in a 5 way switch. http://www.jacksonguitars.com/series/artist-signature/models/usa-signature-misha-mansoor-juggernaut-ht6-ebony-fingerboard-laguna-burst/

Pickup Switching:
5-Position Blade:
Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Two Inside Single Coils, Position 3. Both Full Humbucking Pickups, Position 4. Outer Neck Single Coil, Position 5. Full Neck Pickup

I was wrong about the 4th position, is only a neck single coil.

But I'm mostly just after that 2 inner coil sound.
Morning all,

I'm trying to Macgyver a power supply for my standard Big Muff. I have a tip negative power brick, a 3.5mm jack and a soldering iron.

Can I run a standard male to male cable from my power brick, cut the barrel connector off and solder the live wire to the ring of the 3.5mm jack, and solder the sheath to the tip?

Will i have grounding issues? is there a better way of doing this?

Can i just open her up and switch the wires on the chassis mounted power jack? (this seems to good to be true)

Havent tinkered for years, i feel like such a n00b again
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Ignite
I was wrong about the 4th position, is only a neck single coil.

But I'm mostly just after that 2 inner coil sound.

You'll need a superswitch. That switching cant be done with a standard 5-way.

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
Morning all,

I'm trying to Macgyver a power supply for my standard Big Muff. I have a tip negative power brick, a 3.5mm jack and a soldering iron.

Can I run a standard male to male cable from my power brick, cut the barrel connector off and solder the live wire to the ring of the 3.5mm jack, and solder the sheath to the tip?

Will i have grounding issues? is there a better way of doing this?

Can i just open her up and switch the wires on the chassis mounted power jack? (this seems to good to be true)

Not sure I understand the first part of your post. Are you talking about a 3.5mm jack (female) or a plug (male)? And is it a boss-style barrel connector or does it look like a mono headphone connector? (IIRC, Big Muffs used the headphone-style connector?)

Either way you can't mix polarities in a daisy-chain but if it's only a single cable you can make your own adapter, but when you mangle cables you have to worry about wear-and-tear. You could also switch the wires inside the pedal itself (if it's on a PCB then it's a bit trickier but still not impossible, but involves cutting PCB traces), but this could cause some issues for someone down the road should you ever sell it. The best way is to buy an adapter for the plug styles. Tons of different styles are available and I know there is one for the 3.5mm headphone-style plug to boss-style barrel plugs.

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
Havent tinkered for years, i feel like such a n00b again

Same, man. I've forgotten more than I currently know about these guitar doohickies.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Aug 1, 2016,
I have a Behringer with a vintage style tremolo system, like this one.
I wanted something better and closer to the bands I'm trying to play and I like messing stuff, so I thought why the fuck not, so would it be possible to install a locking tremolo system in it without having to make a bigger bridge hole(I.E. without breaking shit)? If so, would it at least squeal good or would it be better to just buy a new guitar instead of wasting my time on this frankenstein guitar shit?
Thanks.
Quote by Invader Jim
You'll need a superswitch. That switching cant be done with a standard 5-way.

Gotcha. I literally know nothing about pickup wiring and switches, but if I do get a super switch, some 500k pots, and say a pair of 4 wire pickups (looking at the Pegasus/Sentient combo), I should be able to easily get that kind of configuration?
Hey, if I want to de-fret a bass, is there anything special I need to look out for? Afaik, you need to heat the frets with a soldering iron for example and then carefully pull the frets away with pliers, and maybe sand the fretboard afterwards. How much do the empty fret slots affect playability if I want to use it as a fretless for a while?
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hey, if I want to de-fret a bass, is there anything special I need to look out for? Afaik, you need to heat the frets with a soldering iron for example and then carefully pull the frets away with pliers, and maybe sand the fretboard afterwards. How much do the empty fret slots affect playability if I want to use it as a fretless for a while?

They'll accumulate dirt very quickly. Which is why people fill them.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
That's what I thought, but I am thinking about re-fretting it eventually. Just thought about playing around with a fretless for a few days.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Hey guys, does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit a Zero Position System into a guitar with an Edge Pro or original Edge bridge? Thanks
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Hey guys,

Planning on starting a new project soon with a Tele build, I love the look of having just a bridge pickup, with past projects I've always taken a "the simpler the better" attitude towards them. I used a JB in my last guitar and an Invader in the one before that, I'm intent on remaining with Duncans but I want to explore my tone options a little more. My initial plan was to get another Invader and have the option of coil splitting it but then I came up with the bright idea to forget about proper humbuckers all together and instead replace the single humbucker with two of Seymour Duncan's single coil size humbuckers.

The options here are wide open, you could play either or both pickups, as well as coil split both of them, having them in series would give them a ridiculous output but the right pairing (say a Hot Rails pup and a Cool Rails pup) you could theoretically get a good range of clean tones as well.

As far as SD's technical drawings go, this idea would work without modifying the pickup cavity at all as the sizes all line up no problem.

The question is: is it worth spending twice as much on pickups?
Hey everyone,

First of all, I'm guessing this question comes up numerous times over the years...if so, I would be happy to take directions on where to find responses.

So, I'd like to set myself up as if in a coffeehouse, laptop and or tablet for songs and lyrics etc. What do some of you use for this type of setup? Any pedals? What programs would you use? Backing tracks or Band in Box type of approach?

Thanks,

JT
Has anyone here made a pickgaurd for their guitar?

the tortoise shell on my Fireman has started to come off and no one sells replacements.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
if everything alse is good conected :what can/do i get if i conect the series link (red+white) of the neck pickup with the hot line of the bridge pickup? (3 way toggle switch , one volume, one tone+pushpull (pull up used for spliting the neck pup, pull down - ??well im asking you ))
rancidryan
did once with a light wood - BALSA
didn't screw it to the body just attached it to the holes where the pickup screws are (rg guitar without pickup ring), di a nice paint job , get some spacy sparkles and stuff, nice gloss , but the wood was soft and i accidentaly hooked with my arm on it so id broke.
Attachments:
Doc1.pdf
I have a 1960 cab with the stock t75s. I'm looking to buy some used v30's and doing an x pattern. The v30's I found are a good price I think (2 for 150) but they are 8 ohms. I read online the the 75s are 16, can I put the 8ohms with the 16ohms? What will the total be? How about watts?