Page 10 of 10
Shinozoku
UG Nerd
1,227 IQ
I concur. Though not an album has gone by without having a song or two I really dig, Even AYDY and BD.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
alex_crawford
30 IQ
Something Wild, Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper. Best albums of theirs in my opinion. If I HAD to choose one, it'll be a tie between SW/Hatebreeder.
pwnadgebunny
774 IQ
CHILDREN OF BODOM have announced a North American headlining tour in celebration of the band’s 15th Anniversary. Presented by ESP in association with Full Metal Jackie, the quindecennial trek will kick off on January 30, 2012 in Rochester, NY and run through March 4, hitting 26 cities over the course of the five week jaunt. Support on the CHILDREN OF BODOM anniversary tour will come from Swiss folk metal band Eluveitie, Boston extreme metal band Revocation and Canada’s Threat Signal.

still no boston dates yet but hopefully they announce one later on. saw them in july & it was possibly one of the greatest shows i've ever been to, & seeing them again and also seeing eluveitie in the same show would just be insane.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Senor Kristian
This is bollocks
367 IQ
Soo... How many metal shows have you been to?
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
NosralTserrof
Damned
1,752 IQ
Quote by Senor Kristian

1, really. And it's not really metal.

All That Remains and Bullet for my Valentine.

I am going to see Trivium and In Flames in February.

I wanna see Bodom so badly.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Hellomeitsme
Correct, I am erect
60 IQ
Quote by Senor Kristian

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
ron666
226 IQ
It took a long time, but I finally managed to get ahold of their newest CD, Relentless, Reckless Forever. I really like it. Sounds pretty good, what does everybody else think?

ron666
JMitch88
11 IQ
Quote by ron666
It took a long time, but I finally managed to get ahold of their newest CD, Relentless, Reckless Forever. I really like it. Sounds pretty good, what does everybody else think?

ron666

I enjoy their new album quite a bit. My favorite track has to be Northpole Throwdown. I love the energy that they put into their songs. I do however miss their Neoclassical stuff.
Gulumok
\m/
139 IQ
the video of "was it worth it?" includes skaters and stuff like that if i remember that correctly. Maybe that's a reason
The Interview made me nearly cry...I wouldn't publish something like this on my webside.
ragnarr023
409 IQ
Quote by Senor Kristian

Have been to a few... Well, not really. I'm still young haha

Went to see a metal show of the local bands (Bleeding Spawn, Bile of Man, Spectral Realm to mention a few)

Then went to see Fleshgod Apocalypse when they toured South Africa (where I live). I want to see Amon Amarth, I would kill to see Amon Amarth. I would like to see Children of Bodom too but Alexi is getting to me, some of the new material I don't like. Not that I could play it all, but still, they really screwed up on the song In Your Face (when they played it live). Have they fixed that yet?
akarith
Fingers or Bust
493 IQ
Anyone know if Henka (I think that's how you spell their bassists name) typically uses a 5 string or a detuned 4? I've seen him in pictures with both, more concerned about what he used on the recordings rather than live.
Smoke 'em 'til ya die.
Gulumok
\m/
139 IQ
wikipedia is your friend
1) He is called Henkka Blacksmith/Henkka Seppälä
2) Equipment:
ESP Henkka T. Blacksmith Forest Signature Bass,4 string (34" neckthru body alder, EMG 35DC)
ESP Henkka T. Blacksmith Bottom Line Signature Bass,5 string ( 34" neckthru body alder, EMG 40DC pickups)
ESP Custom Shop "Assault" shaped (34" neckthru body alder, EMG 40DC pickups)
ESP Custom Shop Viper Bass, same specs as his other basses, and can be seen on their live DVD Chaos Ridden Years (tuned CGCF)
ESP Custom Shop Araya Shape (White with COBHC logo on fretboard, seen on the 2009 No Fear Tour)
Amp is a Ampeg SVT3pro and cabinet Ampeg 810. He boost his sound with a Super Overdrive pedal or Tech21 Sansamp pre amp.
Oddsbodkins
Headdie The Ed
336 IQ
On the sleeve notes for Something Wild and Follow The Reaper he's credited with '5 string', on Hatebreeder and HCDR with 'bass'. Dunno how indicative that is of what he actually plays on the records.
Up The Boro!
Ablast
832 IQ
I personally love ever bodom album to date, they never disappoint (me at least)
Peres.T.Peanut
1,422 IQ
Just listened to Halo of Blood. The song sounds really good, and different from recent CoB, although not completly different.
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
Oddsbodkins
Headdie The Ed
336 IQ
Yeah, I sort of like it. All the 'black metal' parts are pretty awesome, the verse seems a bit limp in comparison but it's still one of their strongest in a long time.
Up The Boro!
romencer17
Take it easy, but take it
1,928 IQ
There's black metal parts in CoB now? dafuq.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Braykah
Registered Badass
1,636 IQ
Huh, didn't know that the title track had leaked already until now. The sound quality and occasional skipping aside, it's pretty good. The take on the tremolo picking+blast beats between the verses is pretty interesting, and it has a nice solo as well. Looking forward to hear more of the album over time.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Ablast
I personally love ever bodom album to date, they never disappoint (me at least)

I thought their last album was terrible...

Quote by romencer17

No, not really. They just have that tremolo picking thing that a lot of crappy BM bands do. In the title track, CoB does it better than most though.

Also, this album appears like it actually has some mids. Their last one was so drained of mids that I couldn't stand it.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 11, 2013,
Oddsbodkins
Headdie The Ed
336 IQ
Quote by romencer17

Yeah, as the guy above said, not really. Was trying to get that across with the quote marks.
Their first album had a couple of riffs lifted straight out of Darkthrone and Bathory though, they were definitely strongly influenced back then though obviously they were never straight up black metal.
Up The Boro!
Braykah
Registered Badass
1,636 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I thought their last album was terrible...

I have to disagree with you there. RRF had some great tracks such as Not My Funeral, Shovel Knockout, Cry of the Nihilist and the title track. The only disappointing thing was the album cover, Halo of Blood was a huge improvement on that part.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Braykah
I have to disagree with you there. RRF had some great tracks such as Not My Funeral, Shovel Knockout, Cry of the Nihilist and the title track. The only disappointing thing was the album cover, Halo of Blood was a huge improvement on that part.

Well, I should clarify. I mean, I liked it. But the guitar tone grated on me after a while. There were less mids than "Blooddrunk" or "Are You Dead Yet?", so it had more of that annoying "scooped Metal" tone as opposed to a thicker mids tone.
Braykah
Registered Badass
1,636 IQ
Any thoughts on their newly released song, Transference? Personally I like the guitar and keyboard work and it fits as a single, but I hope that the rest of the album has more to offer.
wintee_madness
nyrkki
339 IQ
Quote by Oddsbodkins
On the sleeve notes for Something Wild and Follow The Reaper he's credited with '5 string', on Hatebreeder and HCDR with 'bass'. Dunno how indicative that is of what he actually plays on the records.

... have you not watched any old videos of Bodom playing live...
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Oddsbodkins
Headdie The Ed
336 IQ
Yes, but he said he was more interested in the studio recordings...not every artist uses the same gear live as in studio. Case in point; Alexi recorded some of the first album on an Ibanez RG, but for the tour only used a Jackson.
Up The Boro!
Peres.T.Peanut
1,422 IQ
The new album is like...REALLY good. I'm enjoying new CoB material like I havn't in a huge number of years.
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
ChordalDiscord
33 IQ
I'm a big fan of their old stuff, some their new songs are good but there was a lot of filler on the new albums. I've been keeping up to date with the news on the album and I'm totally stoked for it! I ordered Halo of Blood signed by Alexi from Newbury Comics.
llanafreak44
boom tah boom-boom tah
3,358 IQ
Quote by Braykah
Any thoughts on their newly released song, Transference? Personally I like the guitar and keyboard work and it fits as a single, but I hope that the rest of the album has more to offer.

Their guitar tone is back to the awesome tone they had on Follow The Reaper/Hatebreeder/Hatecrew, and the song was pretty sweet too. Digging it.
Kamikaze1014
frothy beer is good beer
41 IQ
Late to the party here, but I must say that this album kicks ass. I liked their last album, but it lacked aggression(I blame the production style a little bit). This one sounds like the reaper chopping off your ****ing head off!

I wasn't feeling it at first, but "Your Days Are Numbered" is my favorite track. It's got energy from front to back. Even the modern sounding parts are good.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Thoughts on their most recent album? Trying to decide if it's worth buying...
metallicafan616
Feminist
3,428 IQ
Saw them in Bournemouth on Monday with Napalm Death supporting them, my neck still ****ing hurts! Was an epic gig, especially for my first proper gig XD

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Mistress_Ibanez
994 IQ
Saw them in Bristol, they were amazing.

Apparently Laiho is sick though? I didn't particularly notice but I've seen loads of people say on the COB Facebook page "good show in Bristol, sorry you were sick"... I didn't notice anything, maybe they mean the general thing about him always being hospitalised?
GazzaCee
Tyrion is da bomb.
837 IQ
Last night, Newcastle, fantastic.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER