Page 2 of 2
Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
I planned on ordering from Bill Lawrence USA but now that you mention that I think further research is required.
Last.fm

Good Trades:
lp_dude_2 / miketheslut/ kshands / alexmack

cedricsmods
has a lame subtitle.
379 IQ
Okay. There's loads of internet controversy, and multiple lawsuits between the two companies over who owns the rights to the name. I am NOT going to argue about it, I am just curious because I have only ever tried the one brand.
Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
Quote by cedricsmods
Okay. There's loads of internet controversy, and multiple lawsuits between the two companies over who owns the rights to the name. I am NOT going to argue about it, I am just curious because I have only ever tried the one brand.

I'm not sure if you're understanding. I'm not looking to argue about something I've never tried. I'll be sure to post on here my opinions of the USA, however.

Got the Duncan today -- got sent the jazz model, though. I've heard good things, should work fine.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

cedricsmods
has a lame subtitle.
379 IQ
Quote by Steve-Mo
I'm not sure if you're understanding. I'm not looking to argue about something I've never tried. I'll be sure to post on here my opinions of the USA, however.

Got the Duncan today -- got sent the jazz model, though. I've heard good things, should work fine.

I know you aren't looking to argue, that was prevent it from even starting with anyone else.
Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
Oh, alright. I was confused.

Really need some help here...

Alright, so the neck really needs to be adjusted since it's been without tension for so long. Thing is, the truss can only be turned with a 5/16th hex wrench. One of these would be perfect, but the routing will not allow such a tool to work. Can anyone point me to one that'll work? Preferably on eBay if possible.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
Usually that would work, but the truss is the opposite of a normal one. It's hard to explain, check out what I linked to. Basically the end of the rod looks like an allen wrench.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
Finally found what I needed.

(Sorry for gigantic picture)

I'm really surprised how hard these nifty things are to find, I'm pretty sure Jackson, Gibson, Kramer, and PRS are known to use this style.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

Tsuwibble
65 IQ
Best of luck to you on this, you don't really seem to need it though, the guitar looks great!

[Haha, this whole forum section is just like walking through one of those guitar shops downtown, looking at all these great guitars just to get home and remember how bad mine is!]
So I don't get it, why doesn't anyone like Squiers?

GEAR:
Red Affinity Series Squire Fat Strat [guitar]

Little Big Muff Pi [pedal]
BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
Looks so awesome. I want a Warrior/Xiphos/Stealth so bad.
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
Thanks guys.

Bladeslinger, I know, they are excellent body styles. I can't say I've tried the Stealth, but both the higher end Warriors and the 7-string Xiphos (I haven't seen the 6 string locally, oddly enough) are fantastic guitars, in my opinion. You can't go wrong with a Jackson though.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
I would love a Jackson. I'm hoping to get one for an 18th birthday/graduation present in a few months.
Quote by cemges

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
Any particular model you're after?

Also, ordered everything else I needed a few days ago.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
Not at the moment. I love Kelly's and Warriors but at the same time I like pretty much every Jackson model. I would love to find a cheap Dinky or something to have before I got a high end one. I know I like Jacksons, I just like to be nicely acquainted with a guitar.
Quote by cemges

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
Yeah, I know. I'd love to grab another Dinky at some point, probably a DKMGT. You should probably try to see if you can get a DXMGT, I don't believe they make them anymore, but I've seen some good deals around the internet, and I'm using the neck off one on the Warrior.

Last.fm

Good Trades:

BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
Yea, I've seen good used ones. Whatever I get will have a floyd most likely, I've never had one before and I'd like to
Quote by cemges

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
I always said the same thing. I traded a real nice Dean Cadillac Select for a Dean ML Noir, which has a floyd, loved it. Until I had to change strings. I don't like the work that has to be put into it for changing tunings either, but once you have one for a while you'll get used to it. Be prepared to spend many hours mastering the balancing of a floyd rose tremelo system though. haha.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
Yea, I'm not looking forward to it but the floyd opens up so many more doors. I got to play with one a week ago and loved it. Turning on a phaser and diving the bar for some ambient kind of background noise.

I'm looking to putting money towards guitar tools now though. I need files to make a nut. I should probably get a preslotted.
Quote by cemges

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
Quote by BladeSlinger
Yea, I'm not looking forward to it but the floyd opens up so many more doors. I got to play with one a week ago and loved it. Turning on a phaser and diving the bar for some ambient kind of background noise.

I'm looking to putting money towards guitar tools now though. I need files to make a nut. I should probably get a preslotted.

I've actually never done such a thing before. Now that I think about it, I wonder why kind of noises I can get by using my Digitech Synth Wah I never thought I'd use.

I should probably invest on some more tools as well, especially those files like you said. I recently remembered that since I use such large strings that I'll need to take the my graph tech somewhere and pay them to do such a small task.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
Quote by Punk_Ninja
That paintjob is insanely cool!

Thanks!

In the future I plan to do a similar paintjob with different colors. Any suggestions, people?
Last.fm

Good Trades:

BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
Yea, I'm trying to rely as little as I can on other people since I paid a ridiculous amount getting my Tele wired.

I think if you did multiple shades of grey and black overlapping each other with the rip design it would look cool.
Quote by cemges

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
I know, that sucks. Fortunately, I've only had to pay someone once for something other than parts, but I don't plan on ever doing it again. That's why I've read all I could about setting them up and everything.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
I need to read up more. I'm going to get my old Warlock back and do wiring and refinishing practice and whatever else I can think of. What would you think of a natural warlock with a nice stain?

Oh, try a black guitar with rips of stained wood. It would be like the wood is fighting back haha
Quote by cemges

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
Quote by BladeSlinger
I need to read up more. I'm going to get my old Warlock back and do wiring and refinishing practice and whatever else I can think of. What would you think of a natural warlock with a nice stain?

Oh, try a black guitar with rips of stained wood. It would be like the wood is fighting back haha

Haha, your Warlock would certainly look different, I believe I've seen something similar, Exotic series or something of the sort? I'm not familiar with B.C. Rich.

Your two ideas for a new paint job are actually really sweet. I think I may have to do the grey/black idea you had there, that would look sexy as hell!
Last.fm

Good Trades:

BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
They make an Exotic series Bich but that's all I know of. I don't think the agathis would stain well but I'll try something.

The two tone razorbacks came to mind but more artistic and whatnot.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind seeing a cool stain color then stain over that with the rips for a ripped/tiger look. Maybe something with a deep amber color and a yellow burst type thing with the rips centering on that, connecting, whatever. Like a hole that's sucking the yellow in to it.
Quote by cemges

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Nov 30, 2009,
JagStang5246
2,119 IQ
Do that same paint job but with purple and yellow, on an RG, and with matching dimarzios and black hardware. Dang, I would be all over that!
Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
I suppose that I am allowed to necrobump my own customization thread, right?

Ended up finishing the re-customization of this on New Year, thought I may as well update this. I like this look a lot better, but unfortunately I had the paint done by a friend of mine who works at an Auto Body shop and didn't do that myself.

I'll upload some better pictures tomorrow. This one does not accurately show the color or the amount of metallic flake.

X2N in the bridge, Ibanez INF3 neck (for now). Ibanez tuners, cheap eBay floyd/knobs/switch. Truss rod cover? MIA.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

Last edited by Steve-Mo at Apr 15, 2012,
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
Nice! You need a new camera. Stop buying guitar shit!
Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
Haha! I'm cheap either way, but I really ought to watch out for deals on phones like I do guitars.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
Updated so why not bump?

Just got the neck and haven't set up the instrument yet. The floyd is not flush because a battery is propping it up. If my tuner wasn't conveniently dead I'd have the floyd up to tension.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

Last edited by Steve-Mo at Dec 26, 2012,
epiphone14
77 IQ
thats one beautiful guitar man. I love the color. p.s. Go Dolphins we will be in the playoffs next year!
Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
I do hope so. They're not far from contending, they just need to continue to build and not do the usual 1 step forward, 2 steps back routine.

And thank you! I see you have a Supreme 160. I loved mine. So damn heavy, but sounded so good.

Really thinking I'm going to have to get some black bevels done on this bad boy. Would look great with the binding on the neck.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

Last edited by Steve-Mo at Dec 26, 2012,
epiphone14
77 IQ
yeah i love mine (aside from the ton it weighs). I hope they keep bush too he has so much potential if he stays healthy. And the bevels are a great a idea. I would love to hear how it sounds.
Steve-Mo
Don't touch me
800 IQ
The DK2M neck is a bit fatter than the previous necks which is disappointing. Sure I'll get used to it though.
---------------
I had mine paired with a Peavey 5150 slant cab. Really wish I never downsized, but as we agree, it has some serious weight. That setup was such a hassle.

I think Bush is must sign. While I think Miller could successfully take his spot in the backfield, I think Bush is more of a threat at this point and seems to be coming into his own as a leader. The team also struggles to get butts in the seats and guys like Bush are the ones that remedy that. HBs in their late 20s aren't in high demand so I don't think it'll be too difficult to retain him though.
Last.fm

Good Trades: