Page 2 of 2
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
This shit is pretty damn cool.

Anyone have any idea where I can get their EP?

Are you referring to The Cult Of Disease or Death & Judgement? Pretty sure there's plenty of the former one out there. I've seen Death & Judgement around too in some rare places even though High Roller Records have none left.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Kepulix
Are you referring to The Cult Of Disease or Death & Judgement? Pretty sure there's plenty of the former one out there. I've seen Death & Judgement around too in some rare places even though High Roller Records have none left.

Honestly, it doesn't matter which one. I'd just like to buy some of their music, because it'd be really inconvenient to have to run to their MySpace every time I wanted to hear them a bit.

I couldn't even find the band on Amazon though, which was discouraging. So, some help would be greatly appreciated.
Destroyers of the Faith can be purchased from Hells Headbangers
The Cult of Disease from High Roller Records
To Reap Heavens Apart you can pre-order from High Roller Records
Procession/Mountain Throne split can be purchased from Hells Headbangers
Death and Judgment can be bought from Svart Records
^dammmn you! *shakes fist*

new album is going to destroy everything.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Let's just say it's days like today I'm glad the site I write for deals with HRR

Let's just say I hate you.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
****. that was really well written.
i'm upset that they aren't still using the guitar and bass tones (and just general bass presence, i mean it's still definitely there, but not as much as it once was,) that they used on the first half of cult of disease. that had a gnarly sound, and i think his voice was much better suited to that.

don't get me wrong, though, this still sounds great, just not as unique as they used to.

and like i said, they did a damn fine job keeping the interest over nine minutes. hopefully the rest of the album is on par, but they haven't disappointed me yet.
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
I also heard some Doomsword and Primordial in there, especially in the vocal delivery, or perhaps I am just delusional.

Fucking awesome nonetheless. Now that we've heard there's definitely some great uptempo material on the album, I'm hoping they've got something to offer that can match the devastating glory of Chants Of The Nameless.

I'm liking this more than Defenders of the Faith already. The build-up near 6:20 until the end of the solo and the chanting is monstrous, it's like waiting in horrific suspense at the impending doom that is about to devastate your being.
^ I agree.
Quote by Kepulix
I also heard some Doomsword and Primordial in there, especially in the vocal delivery, or perhaps I am just delusional.

Fucking awesome nonetheless. Now that we've heard there's definitely some great uptempo material on the album, I'm hoping they've got something to offer that can match the devastating glory of Chants Of The Nameless.

Actually, listening again, I catch both of those as well.

And yes, hopefully! Chants of the Nameless is one of the greatest doom songs I've ever heard. It's incredible.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
The new album streaming here!

I can't wait to give it a listen.

It's absolutely awesome. So far one of the better albums of the year, if not the best.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Having listened to it twice now, I'm not sure if it tops Destroyers of the Faith. Definitely needs a few more listens anyway.

The title-track is probably the best one on the album, but surely I'm not alone in thinking that the chorus sounds like Primordial in almost every way? The song as a whole actually sounds like the love child of Candlemass and Primordial.

There was always a Primordial influence on the band, even the main riff to 'The Road to the Gravegarden' has a Primordial bassline running under it.

Have the album ordered, can't wait to hear it in full.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I think me and Burning Angle might break out agreement streak here, since I enjoyed Destroyers of the Faith just ever more so slightly as well. I mean, you can't go wrong with either as far as I'm concerned.

Definitely going to have to listen to it again.
No, I agree. Destroyers of the Faith is great. But I mean, this is too.

What sets them apart is, I think, that Destroyers of the Faith is so consistent/cohesive and crushing. Reap Heavens Apart is more varied, but also slightly shorter, so it feels a little less cohesive. But it also essentially tells a story as a whole, which is great too...

They're great in different ways I suppose, and depending on my mood I might like one more than the other. But I think on sheer quality alone Destroyers of the Faith might be ever-so-slightly better.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Apr 30, 2013,
So...as expected, new album kills!! There's no stopping these lads. Anyone else pick it up yet? Jon, Penisaur, Kimmo, Matt, Neil, et al?
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Another monstrous album by the almighty Procession, yeah I just received my copy a few weeks ago and gave it a full listen when I got back home. The Death Minstrel is easily my favourite track, but really, this band can do no wrong. Not a single weak spot on the album.
"I'm not sure if it tops Destroyers of the Faith ...

...The title-track is probably the best one on the album..."

Still my sentiments about this album. It's a killer anyhow. I've yet to get a physical copy myself, but I'll be grabbing one alongside some others once I get a few more paychecks.

The Death Minstrel would be better if it had proper sung vocals as far as I'm concerned.

I'm actually awaiting the arrival of my copy as well as a plethora of others. I actually preferred The Cult of Disease over Destroyers..I'm sure this is going to be top-tier stuff though.

Man, I haven't lurked around here in so long... Any newer releases I absolutely need to check out, boyz?
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Yeah I got my copy last Friday, though being impatient I "acquired" it a little earlier so I could listen to it on the road (1 hr train trips to uni are pretty good place to decide if the album's gonna keep your attention :/). Anyway, they did a great job, and I really liked the faster, almost a heavy metal pace to a lot of the songs. Their musicianship clearly improved as well.

Btw, one of the songs towards the end gives quite a strong While Heaven Wept vibe in the riffing. Could be just me, but I keep hearing it. Certainly not a bad thing, by any means

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at May 25, 2013,
I've come to the conclusion that these guys are pretty much the 21st century (schizoid) Candlemass in, well, every sense.

Thinking forward to the very uncertain future, I'm betting out of all the bands on the scene currently, Procession are among the few to remain still revered in 20 years time.

Yeah it's undeniable that these guys have the talent to reach Candlemass levels, no doubt. Lots of the riffing could have been taken off side A of 'Nightfall'. Especially 'Conjurer'... what an absolute anthem!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Jesus Hellfirefuking Christ!?!?! I finally gave To Reap Heavens Apart a listen, and I have to say, it has been awhile since an album hit me that fukking hard!!! The last two to three minutes of "Far from Light" just grabbed me by the face and screamed it all out into my soul! I want to go up into the mountains and the rain right now and reap the damned heavens too!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
!!!!!

So apparently Felipe has his own label called Burn Records with a two band roster, one of which is a side project of his (Vein)?!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fSjsxYiYBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuqxrcVzXwA

Oh, and going to the website led me to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFoHfd8UdVk

Dat Brocas Helm worship. Love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uaoh8wW72RE
Check the search function, I think I made threads on one or more of those bands. They're all pretty killer though.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Finally heard Procession....of course I went to the new album and then much later to "Destroyers"...Perhaps it is the fact that it is in much recent memory but I think the debut is the better put together album overall. "To Reap.." is still an amazing and crushingly heavy beast on its own.
Really liked that Vein track. Felipe is a conqueror. Those Metal Grave tracks were good, but you can hear they've still got some way to go before they could be called something truly excellent.

I agree with the notion that Destroyers of the Faith is better than To Reap Heavens Apart.

FaaaaaaTHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!! BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEER!

With To Reap Heaven Apart, The White Goddess, Death's Crown is Victory, Ave Mortis and We Don't Fear Your God it has been a very strong year for Epic Doom metal.

I was pleasantly surprised by how high quality Procession's release was this year. There are not many weak moments on the album at all.
Page 2 of 2