Page 23 of 23
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Oh that was the band who ripped of Squander.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ThrashUnleashed
stealing human bones
443 IQ
Quote by Magero
Gareth's got more spirituality in his left pinkie than most Christcore bands have in their entire souls lolz.

Is this a thing?
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Not, like, a REAL thing. Just a vaguely condescending term to describe bands signed to Rise who aren't The Acacia Strain.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Shredx
Inuendo King
736 IQ
Really liked the ouverture.
Jakes track threw me off with a few things (vocal production and style really). But still dug it.
Was Matt's track from that side project with spencer and that awesome canadian guitarist btw? Sounds familiar - really liking this one its poppy in some ways but still heavy.

Edit: feed the ground is deffo my fav, for some reason thought the 2 instrumentals (especially nolly's wouldve been incredible with vox
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Last edited by Shredx at Jan 14, 2014,
GazzaCee
Tyrion is da bomb.
837 IQ
I definitely thought Feed The Ground was the best song, dat chorus

I hope they play some of these songs live
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer
640 IQ
I just described Sponce's track to my friends as so... "some weird combination of percussion from Nine Inch Nails, guitar riffs from those weird modern rock bands that would clearly rather be pop groups, and lyrics from Lady Gaga, with only a handful of bits actually sounding anything like Periphery. It's hilarious, and I love it."

Feed The Ground has one particular riff (at 1:16) that sounds unmistakably like Slipknot's My Plague. Even the vocals on that riff sound just like Corey.

Misha's track is lame sauce and predictable.

EDIT: Has anybody noticed where these songs pulled from Overture? I'm not going to start noticing on my own until I listen to it all like, 15 times.
Last edited by Macabre_Turtle at Jan 15, 2014,
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Agree with Sponce's track. It sounds so ridiculous it's hard not to like it.

And i can't find anything that connects these songs to Overture, especially The Parade of Ashes.
Sail upon the open skies
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Ew, new PeripHIV.

I thought you were better than that Morph. I r dissapoint.

I've not got around to listening to the EP, but the previews didn't do much for me.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
I thought you were better than that Morph. I r dissapoint.

I've also got Between The Aids And Me, The Dongslinger Escape Plan, and Protest The Weeaboo.
Jako215
UG's Fat Frendo
1,434 IQ
Quote by Macabre_Turtle

EDIT: Has anybody noticed where these songs pulled from Overture? I'm not going to start noticing on my own until I listen to it all like, 15 times.

I think it was more of a thematic thing, like getting the vibe of Overture instead of incorporating specific elements of the intro track into each individual members song.

My favorite tracks are pretty much everything besides Zero. I like it but it's not as strong as everything else. Summer Jam and Pale Aura are amazing. Extraneous is heavy as balls Meshuggahish greatness. Feed the Ground and Parade of Ashes are so different that they open up an avenue of experimentation for them. I want to see them do more weird shit like those two songs. But Zero... It drags and it becomes background noise 30 seconds into ii. I wish Misha put his extended range guitars down and did a more experimental 6 string song like Buttersnips, Totla Mad, and Zyglorox. ****, even an All New Materials v2 would have been better than Zero. I hope that's something they do for P3 whenever that drops. Because the greatness of P1 was the crazier wank songs IMO. That's what really set them apart from the crowd not just the djent.

This EP was great though and should be enough to cleanse my Periphery pallet until P3 or Juggernaut drop.
Last edited by Jako215 at Jan 17, 2014,
EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,710 IQ
Wow I think this EP might be their best release yet.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,710 IQ
Is the new album any good pls respond

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Shredx
Inuendo King
736 IQ
yes. Yes it is. Much better than clear which I didn't like that much
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,710 IQ
I'll go look for a *completely legal 100% download* then

Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer
640 IQ
I'm enjoying it. I didn't like it when I was just listening to singles on Youtube, but it really works for me now that I'm actually hearing it as an album. Well, albums.
GuitarKid61791
Call me Dave.
214 IQ
I think the new album(s) are insanely good. Too bad my preorder from AllIn still hasn't shipped
HappyBearDeath
Cosmic Hobbit
21 IQ
I've been loving the Juggernaut albums 100%. I feel like it really met the expectations I had for them to meet after Periphery II. Didn't care for the Clear EP or pretty much anything they've done since Periphery II except for this. These albums are amazing.
Char2000
55 IQ
New album is so ehh.

I like that they changed, I don't mind that. But not for the better.
MeTallIcA313
Baby Please Don't Go
279 IQ
Quote by GuitarKid61791
I think the new album(s) are insanely good. Too bad my preorder from AllIn still hasn't shipped

Should of ordered from merch connection, I got mine a week early.

God, Juggernaut is so good, I'v been listening to both CDs all week. Periphery never disappoints.