Page 2 of 2
i don't, but i imagine that it would be exciting even on the off chance that it were bad.
I went out cd shopping today and got myself the Lost Tapes set. It's great. So now I have 3+ hours of crazy new (old) Can material to get my teeth into. Cuz everybody loves Can
I recently got into CAN after I saw some footage of their performance whilst watching a documentary about Kraftwerk. I was channel surfing, getting ready to go to bed because I couldn't find anything, then I found the aforementioned documentary, and was intrigued by the clips of CAN performing on the same set as Kraftwerk.
As soon as I heard Paperhouse, I was completely blown away. Their music sounds so timeless, and yet like something familiar.

It's a shame that Damo left the group. The chemistry is really evident on their recordings. Plus, the drumming is spectacular.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Damo is a nomad though, I'm sure if they convinced him to stay his performances wouldn't have been as good due to feeling constrained.

Make sure you check out the earlier stuff too, Monster Movie is one of my favorites from Can.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by neidnarb11890
apparently damo left to get married & become a jehova's witness though.

where did you hear that? I always heard he left because he continued on his travels, and hasn't he played and recorded with them since then whenever he happens to travel to their area?

being the crazy character he was though, I would not be completely surprised to find out he did leave to become a jehova's witness.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Page 2 of 2