Page 7 of 7
fr33fl0w
guitaronfire
21 IQ
can someone please do something about this tab? i'm not really good in composing nor have any ideas bout music theories, and i think i will like it more if someone do it rather than me , thank you.
Attachments:
2.gp5
Vuge213
10 IQ
So I've been struggling with this one for a while.Could someone please help with the drum and bass part.Perhaps give some ideas on how to lead verse B into chorus B(Bar 68 - 69).Any help will be appreciated...really,anything.
Attachments:
F# Aeolian.gpx
Vuge Belial
TujAuS
21 IQ
Alright.. I'll start off by telling you guys that my music theory knowledge is really low. Okay.. so I did this song for my band so we have some stuff to practise and because of that, this song is supposed to be easy(Our band skill level is quite low).

After listening for few times, some parts sounds kinda dull. I need some help to spice things up without making it too difficult. Especially the rhytm guitar need some fiddling

Thanks
Attachments:
Song4.gp5
Mathedes
Dissonant Unison
329 IQ
Quote by Rossielle
i begun to write a song,but i need some help to continue it.can someone give some help?

You need more of a vision of what you expect the song to be. What is it meant to be about?

I listened to it before realizing it wasn't much of a song but a repetitive and simple chord progression. Build on that chord progression with a melody playing over top. Give it rhythm. Or change the next section to come.

Quote by TujAuS
Alright.. I'll start off by telling you guys that my music theory knowledge is really low. Okay.. so I did this song for my band so we have some stuff to practise and because of that, this song is supposed to be easy(Our band skill level is quite low).

After listening for few times, some parts sounds kinda dull. I need some help to spice things up without making it too difficult. Especially the rhytm guitar need some fiddling

Thanks

I listened to the song a few times and even played along. Let me tell you my impression first: I think it sounds fine the way it is. At first, I thought it the sections changed up a bit much going from nice happy melodic to metal back to happy melodic. I was like "Ooookay what's going on here, it doesn't make sense." But when I gave it a few more listens I realize it actually flowed nicely back to the beginning.

Now, to help, if the song is to remain easy/not too difficult, it should remain the way it is. You have a solo section, even a call/response section, you have arpeggiations, and you have (yes, simple) rhythmic progression. Truthfully, I don't see any way to spice it up.

Hope that helps.
We're all alright!
Last edited by Mathedes at Jul 12, 2012,
jhalterman
Master Baiter
1,137 IQ
Hey guys and gals. I'm new at songwriting (been playing for 3-4 years, though) and I'm having trouble with an instrumental I'm creating. Put two random riffs together that I made up in the past year or so and an idea to make a song popped into my head. I want it to be a 3-part instrumental.

Part 1 = impending/approaching storm/thunderstorm/ominous clouds/etc that will lead up to the storm. Starts off with the acoustic section and I'm having difficulty building it up (I'm looking at Metallica's "Call Of Ktulu" for a little help).

That's all I'm working on for now, but just so you guys know where I'm headed:

Part 2 = "The Eye (of the storm)," indicative of a lull in the song/tempo
Part 3 = the end/death/drowning/sinking of a ship (the distorted section of the GP file)

Any other ideas for the intro? Thanks in advance!
Attachments:
Instrumental.gp5
Heisenberg might have been here

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac

I don't clean my room because I'm saving entropy the effort

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route
Last edited by jhalterman at Sep 28, 2012,
phantom_lord586
988 IQ
Quote by jhalterman
Hey guys and gals. I'm new at songwriting (been playing for 3-4 years, though) and I'm having trouble with an instrumental I'm creating. Put two random riffs together that I made up in the past year or so and an idea to make a song popped into my head. I want it to be a 3-part instrumental.

Part 1 = impending/approaching storm/thunderstorm/ominous clouds/etc that will lead up to the storm. Starts off with the acoustic section and I'm having difficulty building it up (I'm looking at Metallica's "Call Of Ktulu" for a little help).

That's all I'm working on for now, but just so you guys know where I'm headed:

Part 2 = "The Eye (of the storm)," indicative of a lull in the song/tempo
Part 3 = the end/death/drowning/sinking of a ship (the distorted section of the GP file)

Any other ideas for the intro? Thanks in advance!

Well the reason it might sound off could be because it doesn't really shift keys from D to F# it kind of just goes there. I know you might not want to hear this but the main melody sounds a tiny bit like the 2nd solo in Fade to Black.

Maybe if you changed the main melody to the key of D it would flow more, or have a fingerpicking passage that leads it into the key of F#.
My Rig:

• Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Blackcherry
  • Randall RG75D-G3
  • Dunlop Crybaby Wah
  • Boss FV-50 H volume
  • Boss DM-2 analogue delay

My Last.FM page

The UPROAR My music blog/webzine.
jhalterman
Master Baiter
1,137 IQ
Quote by phantom_lord586
Well the reason it might sound off could be because it doesn't really shift keys from D to F# it kind of just goes there. I know you might not want to hear this but the main melody sounds a tiny bit like the 2nd solo in Fade to Black.

Maybe if you changed the main melody to the key of D it would flow more, or have a fingerpicking passage that leads it into the key of F#.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I was only focusing on the beginning section (in D) of file (the acoustic part with the three power chords). The section in F# was "part 3." This acoustic piece is "part 1" and is what I need a little help with.

Also, the first measure and a half of part 3 sounds a bit like the 2nd solo, but it doesn't have the same effect so I'm not worried.
Heisenberg might have been here

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac

I don't clean my room because I'm saving entropy the effort

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route
Jake P
286 IQ
Hi everyone- I'm new to the forum, which from what I've seen is excellent. Anyway, a couple of days ago, I decided I would try to write something.This is what I have so far.

Measure 1 seems like it would be an intro or maybe a pre-chorus. It was originally different (a scale with pedal notes). However, it didn't seem quite right so I changed it.

Measures 2-5 feel like they belong in the chorus- I think that this was subconsciously inspired by the verse rhythm to The Pretender by the Foo Fighters.

Measure 6, I would think, belongs in a bridge section. Again, I referred to one of my favorite bands, the Foo Fighters, and their use of ascending octaves (My Hero, Everlong). Looking back on the whole experience, I definitely intended to create something in the vein of Foo Fighters, with maybe some Nirvana, Green Day, and Bush thrown in the mix. I can't seem to get any inspiration for a verse (arpeggios maybe?) or a solo unfortunately.

I chose C major for the key- commonly thought to be the happiest-sounding key. Coincidentally, Long Road to Ruin by the Foo Fighters is also in C. I also really like the solo in that song.

The chord progression is I VI IV V- the same as Boston's More Than a Feeling.

As far as feelings or emotions I want the song to have, I guess I would say "energetic" or "upbeat".

What I'm looking for is any help turning the measures into a coherent, cohesive piece. I would also appreciate it if someone could add drum and bass tracks, and any other instruments that might seem appropriate.

Lastly, the only guitar program that I have is TuxGuitar, so please include the revised file in that format.

Thanks,

Jake
Attachments:
WIP 1.gp5
Last edited by Jake P at Jun 6, 2013,
jld8111
underachieving
234 IQ
Quote by Jake P
Hi everyone- I'm new to the forum, which from what I've seen is excellent. Anyway, a couple of days ago, I decided I would try to write something.This is what I have so far.

Measure 1 seems like it would be an intro or maybe a pre-chorus. It was originally different (a scale with pedal notes). However, it didn't seem quite right so I changed it.

Measures 2-5 feel like they belong in the chorus- I think that this was subconsciously inspired by the verse rhythm to The Pretender by the Foo Fighters.

Measure 6, I would think, belongs in a bridge section. Again, I referred to one of my favorite bands, the Foo Fighters, and their use of ascending octaves (My Hero, Everlong). Looking back on the whole experience, I definitely intended to create something in the vein of Foo Fighters, with maybe some Nirvana, Green Day, and Bush thrown in the mix. I can't seem to get any inspiration for a verse (arpeggios maybe?) or a solo unfortunately.

I chose C major for the key- commonly thought to be the happiest-sounding key. Coincidentally, Long Road to Ruin by the Foo Fighters is also in C. I also really like the solo in that song.

The chord progression is I VI IV V- the same as Boston's More Than a Feeling.

As far as feelings or emotions I want the song to have, I guess I would say "energetic" or "upbeat".

What I'm looking for is any help turning the measures into a coherent, cohesive piece. I would also appreciate it if someone could add drum and bass tracks, and any other instruments that might seem appropriate.

Lastly, the only guitar program that I have is TuxGuitar, so please include the revised file in that format.

Thanks,

Jake

I fiddled with this for like 5 minutes. I think the little riff would sound a little more interesting the way I put it but its all up to you. lol
Attachments:
UG GUYS THING.gp5
cig
jjfeu662
Celestia
1,996 IQ
Made this guitar solo on TuxGuitar. I'm guessing power metal, but would probably be followed by chuggy doom riff. Thoughts?
Attachments:
Power Metal Solo.gp3
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Pottor
Banned
10 IQ
Immigration Overseas provides online immigration services
and consultancy, Now it's time to relax, talk to our
Immigration experts and find Best Immigration Consultants In India.

Last edited by Pottor at Sep 26, 2013,
odigmaonline48
Banned
10 IQ
Classicpolo is one of the best brands for exclusive collections . you can Buy shirts online, buy t-shirts online ,buy formal shirts online from our store @classicpolos.com. we have widest range of collections. you can choose the best pants . Buy pants online and Buy trousers online from the store at best price
BenderChose
10 IQ
Hi guys i need two songs for guitarPro programs, its R.E.M-Until the day is done and The National- About Today. Thanks for you time.
stewartjames008
Banned
10 IQ
This is for you ultimate-slash as you the piece you made is excellent and you should complete it and then put it on net as then watch what response you got if you got good response then try for the better next time.

For more information Visit:
http://www.inspiremusic.com/
Amine017
54 IQ
can anyone help me make a solo for this song please !
not a hard one please
Attachments:
solo2.gp5
Degocab
10 IQ
does it have to be in E standard? The rhythm is in d standard but you have the solo guitar as E standard.
Doomland
134 IQ
I wrote this one 1 years ago....could You please help to rewrite it in "In flames" way
Can anyone help me make a Second guitar Bar
Attachments:
Release you soul.zip
Last edited by Doomland at Jun 5, 2015,
Jake P
286 IQ
I would like help with improving the drum track of this piece- another user suggested making use of hi-hats... I really don't know much at all about writing drum tracks. Also, I want to keep the guitar at the forefront of the arrangement, so simple punk drum beats would probably be best.

Feel free to contribute any other ideas that might improve the track, too.

Thanks!

EDIT: Updated version.
Attachments:
California Skate Punk Song.gp5
Last edited by Jake P at Aug 29, 2015,
imspazzen
UG gave me SARS
2,993 IQ
bump
shawty wanna kiss me but I jus sucked some dick