Page 11 of 11
datskramzkid
HxC Sun God
177 IQ
Yo Jack, if/when you guys tour, what are you playing? Bass?
Shotty you're a ten, I wait for your drunk dials at 2:30 AM
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
The only obvious choice

*hat

Want.

Actually, you look like a white, clean Jay. Weird.
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
4,528 IQ
Quote by datskramzkid
Yo Jack, if/when you guys tour, what are you playing? Bass?

Probs not, man. I'm such a pathetically average bass player these days, mainly because I'm not that into playing "metal" bass anymore. I prefer to work with more... open material. Stuff where I've got the freedom to move around instead of just aping the guitar parts, you know?

Having said that, I still love WRITING this stuff, so I'll probably learn how to play keys/work the sample machines and become part of the stage show instead of just "that guy with the bass". We're gonna try and keep it as small as possible when we go live, try and see if we can pull a Genghis Tron and do it with just the three of us. If THAT fails, then yeah, we'll have to hire some dudes...
datskramzkid
HxC Sun God
177 IQ
Quote by Magero
Probs not, man. I'm such a pathetically average bass player these days, mainly because I'm not that into playing "metal" bass anymore. I prefer to work with more... open material. Stuff where I've got the freedom to move around instead of just aping the guitar parts, you know?

Having said that, I still love WRITING this stuff, so I'll probably learn how to play keys/work the sample machines and become part of the stage show instead of just "that guy with the bass". We're gonna try and keep it as small as possible when we go live, try and see if we can pull a Genghis Tron and do it with just the three of us. If THAT fails, then yeah, we'll have to hire some dudes...

That's awesome. Although you'd probably do Europe or the UK, your style is freaking huge in Eastern Canada. You'd get an excellent draw around here.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
I went to the Devin Townsend/Meshuggah/Periphery gig the other day in my STC Baked Fuqing Goods shirt.

I realised how much of a stoner it makes me look xD
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
I went to the Devin Townsend/Meshuggah/Periphery gig the other day in my STC Baked Fuqing Goods shirt.

I realised how much of a stoner it makes me look xD

Did you wear your Jake hat too?
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
I did not.

I did see another guy there wearing the same jake hat though.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
4,528 IQ
Quote by datskramzkid
That's awesome. Although you'd probably do Europe or the UK, your style is freaking huge in Eastern Canada. You'd get an excellent draw around here.

That's good to hear, man. Canada is super high on our priorities list, just... because it's Canada. I feel like there shouldn't actually have to be a reason, like taking a vacation to Italy. Obviously we're gonna start with UK/Europe, since 2/3rds of us live there, but like, one of the bands we're discussing live plans with is from the US, so the tour thing will probably just bounce back and forth until we find a nice niche, you know? Keen.

Just got the first demo for the new EP, The Man of Ash and Rust. It's sounding pretty ridiculous. Jonas picked up an Ibby S seven string, and a mid range Schecter 7 for recording, new pick ups and what not. Chunky stuff a'comin'
DamienEx1021
PC Police
209 IQ
I am listening to this and I am thinking to myself one thing....

RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDUGADUGADUGADUGADUGAWREWWWWWWREWWWWWWWWWMEDDELYMEEDELYDUDADUDADUDADUDADUDADUDADUDADUDADUDADUDADUDADUDADUDADUDADUDADUDA

And that is what awesome sounds like.

So what style is this?
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Progressive Deathcore?
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
DamienEx1021
PC Police
209 IQ
Well you guys are ****ing awesome and I just bought both of your things on I-tunes. Drunk off my ass mind you but I bought them none the less.... unlike the last 15 gigs of music I have acquired. Anyway drunkenness has over taken me. I heard your stuff sober so I liked it then and I hope it opens the 'deathcore' doors to me. So far I am loving it. I need to figure out FL-Studios to get my shit recorded.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Quote by DamienEx1021
Well you guys are ****ing awesome and I just bought both of your things on I-tunes. Drunk off my ass mind you but I bought them none the less.... unlike the last 15 gigs of music I have acquired. Anyway drunkenness has over taken me. I heard your stuff sober so I liked it then and I hope it opens the 'deathcore' doors to me. So far I am loving it. I need to figure out FL-Studios to get my shit recorded.

Don't drink and drive kids.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at May 8, 2013,
datskramzkid
HxC Sun God
177 IQ
Quote by Magero
That's good to hear, man. Canada is super high on our priorities list, just... because it's Canada. I feel like there shouldn't actually have to be a reason, like taking a vacation to Italy. Obviously we're gonna start with UK/Europe, since 2/3rds of us live there, but like, one of the bands we're discussing live plans with is from the US, so the tour thing will probably just bounce back and forth until we find a nice niche, you know? Keen.

Just got the first demo for the new EP, The Man of Ash and Rust. It's sounding pretty ridiculous. Jonas picked up an Ibby S seven string, and a mid range Schecter 7 for recording, new pick ups and what not. Chunky stuff a'comin'

Nice nice! Would be sick to see you guys over here. I know for example Northlane brings huge crowds here (I dunno? Similar? progressive and Australian?)
That's actually a good reason to tour though. For me, I'd rather spend the extra money and visit a lot of cool American cities rather than do a Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto tour, as those are all cities I've been to on my own accord anyways. Mind as well make it fun!
DamienEx1021
PC Police
209 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire

Don't drink and drive kids.

Trust me there was no driving involved.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
4,528 IQ
Quote by datskramzkid
Nice nice! Would be sick to see you guys over here. I know for example Northlane brings huge crowds here (I dunno? Similar? progressive and Australian?)
That's actually a good reason to tour though. For me, I'd rather spend the extra money and visit a lot of cool American cities rather than do a Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto tour, as those are all cities I've been to on my own accord anyways. Mind as well make it fun!

That's totally it, man. We'll test the waters in Europe, but then the US will be like... Massive plans (if we can put them together ). Got a handful of bands who will all draw decent crowds all keen to let us either piggyback with them, or them with us, so yeah... With any luck, by the end of next year, we'll be together and playing shows with like, 5 albums worth of material to pick from
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Quote by DamienEx1021

Good for you.

Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Bazz22
246 IQ
Recently got into these guys a lot more, and I'm really digging them. Also, the production is orgasmic.
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Quote by Magero
That's totally it, man. We'll test the waters in Europe, but then the US will be like... Massive plans (if we can put them together ). Got a handful of bands who will all draw decent crowds all keen to let us either piggyback with them, or them with us, so yeah... With any luck, by the end of next year, we'll be together and playing shows with like, 5 albums worth of material to pick from

Dude.

Dudedudedude.

You have to bring The Schoenberg Automaton over here. We'll totally open for you. Omg please
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
4,528 IQ
Man, if we can get the figures sorted, that may not be out of the ballpark. Being on the same label helps, but being bros with those dudes helps even more
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
TMWPL. The Man With Penis Lumps?

EDIT: Also, US tour with Schoenberg and Tharsis They. Do it.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Last edited by synestershadows at Jul 6, 2013,
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
TMWPL. The Man With Penis Lumps?

EDIT: Also, US tour with Schoenberg and Tharsis They. Do it.

Sorry bro but I already called the first tour for the UK

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
4,528 IQ
Don't even know if any regulars still post here, but whatevers, update for y'all

"It is with immense pleasure that we announce Slice the Cake's joining of Subliminal Groove Records! To say that we're honoured to be in the same family as Lorelei, Ovid's Withering, The Room Colored Charlatan, and so many other fantastic bands (that you know, and don't know of yet... ) would be the understatement of the century. We hope to make everyone proud, and you can guarantee this is going to push us even further just to keep up. To make sure everything goes smoothly, and to make sure "Odyssey to the West" is the face-removing goliath we want it to be, we have unfortunately decided to postpone it's release, just for a few months. We didn't want to, but we'd rather take our time and have everything perfect, than rush ourselves for a deadline. We're definitely sorry to everyone, but we hope you understand. In the lead up to the "Odyssey to the West", and to make up for it's delay slightly, we will be doing a small run of the Cleansed EP, which has never before been physically pressed, and then later in the year, closer to the new album, a physical run of The Man With No Face! It's been a long time coming, but with SGR on our side, we're finally ready to take Slice the Cake to the next step, and if we could make this sound any more like a superhero cartoon commercial, we would. This is going to be a sweet year for all involved, so let's slice some goddamned cake!"

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/STCPROJECT
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
What happened to Myriad?
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
There was drama ages ago when the guy who ran myriad turned out to be an ass hole.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
DamienEx1021
PC Police
209 IQ
Yay! More cake!

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
I will totally have to get at least a physical copy of The Man With No Face... Though I'll try and grab both if I can afford it.

Quote by DisarmGoliath