Page 25 of 25
dannyalcatraz yes a single coil. thanks for the reply ill check it out now.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Alright heres a challenge for ya.I have an RG350DX with a tremelo system it has been modded to just a bridge pickup and push/pull split. I need a pickup that can deliver tight skull crushing chugs,but still harmonic and warm leads.There is no such thing as the perfect pickup,but what gets closest? Rn I'm looking at SD black winter,Nazgul and Invader.The trick is a hundred bucks is max and I plan on buying used because on a budget,which I've found for all mentioned above going for. The guitar it self is basswood body with maple fretboard and neck.What you guys got for me?
sirphillip0

At that price, I'd recommend the RailHammer Anvil or the Lace Alumitone Deathbucker:

Lace also makes a few signature pickups for guys like Wino, Matt Pike, Bill Kelliher and Brent Hinds of Mastodon. They can all bring the noise, but I can't speak for how they clean up.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
How about a passive bridge humbucker for a homemade walnut guitar with
Bell like cleans
Fairly high gain (Pantera level) and natural OD
Through a Blackstar HT40
Hopefully less than $100
Country music sucks
Last edited by CENSORED. at Jul 21, 2017,
Lace has some options:

Note- I included Fluff's review of the Deathbucker because he actually paired and demoed it with a standard Alumitone HB (also black) in the neck position. That way, you get to hear how they interact.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

What about something super cheap that does high gain for a djent shovel like the one rob scallon?
It can be terrible as im looking for just something to use on a shovel guitar
Country music sucks
Quote by CENSORED.
What about something super cheap that does high gain for a djent shovel like the one rob scallon?
It can be terrible as im looking for just something to use on a shovel guitar

Why spend money to virtually guarantee the shovel guitar will sound bad? I mean, it's one thing to use whatever you have lying around, but buying cheap? Nah.

Get something decent- Wilkinson, Tesla, Golden Age- and go from there.

Hey everybody

So I'm exploring the idea of a baritone tele. I want to tune to C standard so I can play the regular open chords and sing in a key that's doable for me (songs don't sound right without the open string jangle imo--Summertime Blues needs the open strings to sound right)

I was wondering which pickups would sound like a regular country tele twang at the lower tuning, or avoid any possible muddiness.

I know it won't sound the same as a regular tele, but I'm still aiming for a more country/rockabilly sound

I don't want to spend a ton of cash, since I'm thinking about buying the Warmoth baritone neck, and that's about $300 with the finish, so a set of pickups for $300 as well might be a bit much.

I'm still just feeling my options at this point

Thanks