Page 1171 of 1171
NXT has kind of jumped the shark recently. Most of the regular shows are pretty meh and the Takeover shows are the only thing really exciting. Evolve is pretty decent and PWG is still doing okay as well but some of the UK indies are starting to get hot again so things like Progress and PCW are pretty cool for some pro graps.

Matt Riddle though? Watch that dude. He is the man. Doesnt matter where just watch him.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Blackwaterson89
Man this place is dead. Honesty it is kinda of sad, WWE is better then it has been in a long time and lot of indy guys we want to go there are there now. Anyways the reason I am posting this is Jimmy Snuka. Jimmy Snuka is now the OJ of wrestling. It is freaking sad. I personally feel like he did it. I personally feel like he is faking it and I wondering if they can appeal the judges ruling for him to stand trial. He can do video calls doing his gimmick but he can't stand trial.

This is something that I don't quite understand. It's not a knock on you or anything, it's a knock on people who constantly complain about WWE, they talk about how their favourite indy promotion is the best...but they want the wrestlers from that promotion in WWE. What sense does that make?
Because you dont root for your favorite local ball player and hope he sticks around in the minors when he could make way more and achieve way more in the big leagues.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Because you dont root for your favorite local ball player and hope he sticks around in the minors when he could make way more and achieve way more in the big leagues.

Yeah, but if you dislike the big leagues or you're not watching at all anyway...
Plus people nowadays talk about how you can make good money on the independent scene and you don't need WWE to make a living.
Yet most wrestlers still want to be in the WWE. Good money means nothing if youre having to pay out of your own pocket for injuries and travel. You might be able to make a living on the indies, maybe even make decent money but lets be honest here, how many indie guys are really making good money? Very few I would bet.

It doesnt take a genius to figure out why people want their indie guys to go to WWE. Its the biggest wrestling company. It doesnt matter if people think they wont win a fake belt or not, at least they are making bank and getting exposure.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
' - Man, The West Wing sucks. Hugh Laurie is the best on House MD, now if only he would be on The West Wing'
(next minute: Huge Laurie appears on The West Wing)
' - ugh, they ruined his character, that's not how things are supposed to be, this show is so bad...if only they would get Jeff Daniels from The Newsroom on the show'
And the cycle continues.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It doesnt take a genius to figure out why people want their indie guys to go to WWE. Its the biggest wrestling company. It doesnt matter if people think they wont win a fake belt or not, at least they are making bank and getting exposure.

I don't disagree, I just find it comical that some wrestling fans who consider themselves superior because they watch all these indy promotions and they dislike WWE still want those wrestlers to be in WWE.
Are you trying to imply that this doesn't happen in other fandoms? Because I'd have to say you're pretty wrong. People do say silly shit like that and its not exclusive to the wrestling bubble.

Now furthermore, why do you care? Every time you've posted here that I can recall has been about the same thing. Does it matter that much to you what people say or do? There are stupid people in every fandom. Do you even watch wrestling?
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jan 5, 2017,
Do I seem that angry?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Are you trying to imply that this doesn't happen in other fandoms? Because I'd have to say you're pretty wrong. People do say silly shit like that and its not exclusive to the wrestling bubble.

I don't know, but you'd have to agree that the wrestling fandom is pretty weird to begin with. Every week people complain about the show but they watch again next monday night.
Quote by SirZep
Do I seem that angry?

I don't know, but you'd have to agree that the wrestling fandom is pretty weird to begin with. Every week people complain about the show but they watch again next monday night.

To be honest with you if you complain about the same thing every time then yeah i would say this bothers you more than youre letting on for whatever reason.

People do that with lots of shows. I can go into the Top Gear thread and GoT threads and find similar points. Does that mean the majority feel that way?The wrestling bubble has its oddities and quirks for sure but are you really using things like forums as a representation of all wrestling fans when it isnt even a quarter of them?

So do you watch wrestling?
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
I don't know if I complained about the same thing. Anyway, it doesn't really bother me, just some things I don't get. Trust me, I'm not angry.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

People do that with lots of shows. I can go into the Top Gear thread and GoT threads and find similar points. Does that mean the majority feel that way?The wrestling bubble has its oddities and quirks for sure but are you really using things like forums as a representation of all wrestling fans when it isnt even a quarter of them?

no, I'm saying that the people on forums seem to generally have the same opinions, not the whole wrestling audience.

And yes, I do watch wrestling but...don't come at me with pitchforks for what I'm about to say: I like sports-entertainment, I don't care much for wrestling.
I like the drama behind matches, the promos, the angles, that kind of thing. Now, when I say that I don't care much for wrestling I mean that I don't really care about some 20 min match that happened on Raw and they did some impressive moves. Sure, that's alright, if I sit down to watch the match I don't know if I would hate it, but if there's no reason behind the match, no buildup, no aftermath to it, then I'm not gonna be interested to begin with.

I stay in touch with what's going on in WWE but I don't watch it every week.
Ive had this convo with you before for sure. Not a lot of people post here.

why would you get pitchforks? I think im the only one here that doesnt care about feuds and likes workrate more.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Ive had this convo with you before for sure. Not a lot of people post here.

yeah, well there's lots of things that confuse me, but it was about something else.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
why would you get pitchforks? I think im the only one here that doesnt care about feuds and likes workrate more.

it just seems to me that in general people don't like the label 'sports-entertainment' ... although they praise the attitude era
I mean maybe in 2014 but even on meltzer boards they dont get hot at that term anymore.

But yeah its just a term anyway so I dont really care. Vince did that for tax reasons though so its kind of a bit lame.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
It is pretty much like this. The talent for a long time in WWE was extremely sub par to talent that they have now.All we really had was Punk, and then Bryan. Now we have everyone. The product is doing well because of it. It wasn't so much we hated the WWE. The truth is we all love WWE but for a long time we disagreed with the direction. You can still love something but hate the direction it is taking. Die hard wrestling fans are different breed, we want to what we love at it best and our intelligence not to be insulted. For long time it wasnt at it best and they did insult our intelligence. The writing was at it worst as well. I use to be in love with TNA Wrestling, so it is great to see my boy AJ as champion, and I am sure it is the same with the ROH guys who love Kevin Owens. It a great time to be a fan right now.

In others news, Jeff Jarrett is back in TNA and so is Dirty Dutch...
Last edited by Blackwaterson89 at Jan 5, 2017,