Page 41 of 41
Will Lane
ee-elle-atey-for
3,864 IQ
I just found this thread (from the bump above) and I think it's a good thread. Is it just guitar tones from recording/mixing, or any tones at all? I think it would be rad if we used it as a "Quick Questions" kind of thing just for "how do I sound better" threads.

Quote by AxSilentxLine
Something I laid down this afternoon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5l0c2u7v4w8jxg/Artifacts3.mp3?dl=0

Everything is VST based. For guitars I used a TSE X50 into LeCab2 running 2 RedWirez mesa cabs then EQ'd with a Waves API-550B stereo vst

Drums are Superior Drummer 2 with the standard Avatar kit
Neat. The intro hit me like a rock. Nice guitar tones too. Do you have the strings playing while the drums/bass/guitar are going as well? It might be rad if you added those in there if not. Also, sounds a little tad bit bass heavy, but maybe bump up the levels of everything else? But neat nonetheless c:
Last edited by Will Lane at Apr 18, 2015,
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance
1,216 IQ
Quote by Will Lane
I just found this thread (from the bump above) and I think it's a good thread. Is it just guitar tones from recording/mixing, or any tones at all? I think it would be rad if we used it as a "Quick Questions" kind of thing just for "how do I sound better" threads.

Neat. The intro hit me like a rock. Nice guitar tones too. Do you have the strings playing while the drums/bass/guitar are going as well? It might be rad if you added those in there if not. Also, sounds a little tad bit bass heavy, but maybe bump up the levels of everything else? But neat nonetheless c:

Cheers Will, I haven't been on here in ages and didn't realise how long this had been dead for, seems a shame haha. If there is a newer thread I don't know about please point it out

Yeah the strings are going under the chorus but they're very low in the mix, the bass guitar is actually almost no sub bass, but i've used a pod farm patch a mate gave me with some low and upper mids distortion to really give it that grind and energy