The new Crowbar record is impossibly heavy

Shiiiiiiit, gotta scope that.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Asbestosdeath anyone?
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Listening to the new Crowbar. So far so good, don't really have any complaints. Solid, and heavy.
Quote by Zero Substance
Listening now, this is great stuff! I had always thought they were a crust band based on the lettering/imagery they use and the fact that there are a million other crust bands that have asbestos in their name.

They actually are a pre-Sleep band
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Quote by sg_man08
Asbestosdeath anyone?

Al's vocals are awesome.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by Zero Substance
Yeah, so I read. It's a little more towards sludge and less toward stoner doom. I like it

You have Volume 1?
Quote by TheReverend724
Rec me some pure sludge, guys

All I've got is Swans and EYEHATEGOD

Swans has a sludge album?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
That's what I thought.

Maybe he's thinking of a different Swans?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by TheReverend724
Rec me some pure sludge, guys

All I've got is Swans and EYEHATEGOD

Do you have any Acid Bath?
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
So, I know The Ocean is well received around these parts, but who here has heard Ocean (no article)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=macG2rKTQnw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Xc2fyu4wA&feature=related

Super doomy sludge. Ridiculously long songs.

EDIT: oh and ****ing impossibly heavy, if that wasn't already implied.
Last edited by beadhangingOne at Feb 10, 2011,
That was allot better than any of the other stuff i've heard by them, i actually quite enjoyed it.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Hmm, well this thread hasn't seen any action in a while... Was looking for the band Mefetic after hearing about through MHDrunk and I stumbled upon Mephitic Husk, a modern band who define themselves as sludge/post-black/experimental metal. They've only released one EP and I personally think it sucks balls (random genres juxtaposed in a spastic manor in an attempt to be experimental). They are working a new album however and this demo grabbed my attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn6Q0UCbftY&feature=related

I don't have high hopes for the album because their last one was such a flop but I thought this song was highly enjoyable. Highly atmospheric and droning but catchy enough to avoid the pit fall of just sounding repetitive and it still retains it's heaviness/power. Has a very rigid, mechanical feel, almost like industrial metal.

EDIT: Reminds me of Ride for Revenge - The Key of Knowledge a bit.
Last edited by Born Headless at Jun 19, 2012,
I went to a Melvins gig a few weeks ago. Only one word for it, intense! My back was bad for ages after it from headbanging :-P It was so awesome because the venue was small and I got to meet Dale Crover
"I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not" - Kurt Cobain

MCFC <3
Went and saw eyehategod a couple days back. They were incredible.
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
Quote by pbiggie
Went and saw eyehategod a couple days back. They were incredible.

I saw them play at Hellfest 2 years, they were unreal!! Got to see them, Down, Kyuss, COC, Clutch and Kylesa all on the same weekend. Good ****in times
Looking for some Sludge with a progressive/experimental/psychedelic feel. I was introduced to Old Mayor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVjnyMerM80) recently, but I'm thinking more bands like Baroness but heavier.

Edit:
Maybe something like Crowbar's Sever the Wicked Hand would be good. So, like Crowbar or Baroness.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 29, 2013,
Iron Monkey
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Gakbez
Come on mans,

Electric Wizard
Bongzilla
Part Chimp
Kyuss

I hate to be a genre nazi, but those are all stoner metal bands, not sludge.
I used the worst font imaginable to piss people off