Page 2 of 2
robnewland
A Plate of Buttered Toast
495 IQ
Quote by Annihilator666
Living in Canada, I'm quite familiar with retarded shipping rates. Especially after mailing a few records.

It's awful, your country needs to sort it out. My scurrilous tab book took over two months to arrive (so I am hesitant to order the new THA tab book they are releasing).
Annihilator666
Quintin
2,164 IQ
I would never want to defend Canada Post, but most of the time with international orders there is a minimum for shipping up to a certain weight. It's the same in every country. And it really depends on what type of mail they send it as. Priority only takes 4-6 business days to the US, but anything over seas can be between 1-6 weeks.
The Charm
King Platypus
534 IQ
I listened to this band for the first time the other day. Pretty rad stuff.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
These dudes put on one of the most fun live shows I've ever seen.
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Yeah, actually. At first my friend thought that none of them used picks, but then we realized they just drop them a LOT haha.
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
4,528 IQ
Totally noticed that earlier this year. Amazing live show, and the whole "no pick" thing made me do such a massive double take. Love that huge open hand strumming he does, even when it goes all "black metal-y". So awesome, keen for them to come out again. PREFERABLY WITH TRAP THEM, WHO NEVER RE-ORGANISED THEIR GODDAMNED TOUR.
goldmember1217
No Cure For Fools
411 IQ
I thought it was strange how people were singing along with these guys when I saw them, considering the lyrics are all Norwegian/Elvish/whatever this band sings in. I guess people just sound the lyrics out phonetically without knowing what it means?
Lappo
High Inquisitor
740 IQ
word, these guys show with converge and torche was nothing short of amazing
The Spoon
You can't bend The Spoon
1,452 IQ
Quote by goldmember1217
I thought it was strange how people were singing along with these guys when I saw them, considering the lyrics are all Norwegian/Elvish/whatever this band sings in. I guess people just sound the lyrics out phonetically without knowing what it means?

That's kind of what I do, unless it's parts that are like really clear...like the intro to Fossegrim, and when he says Blodtorst. That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

They speak english pretty well, I think. At least, it sounded like they did when I bought merch.
Lappo
High Inquisitor
740 IQ
haha yea, I was talking to the drummer, cool guy. i bought a hoodie, it is excellent. owl status
The Charm
King Platypus
534 IQ
I get a southern vibe from these guys sometimes. Not always, but just sometimes.

Obviously they're not southern, but I still get the vibe occasionally.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
xPrometherionx
180 IQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AjB16MhTFXk

The editors of the UK magazine Metal Hammer host a weekly podcast, which is also posted on YouTube, divided into convenient sections. In the clip above, they devote the first eight and a half minutes to an in-depth, thoughtful discussion of the new Kvelertak album Meir, which is definitely worth your attention. They discuss the similarities between Meir and the band's 2010 self-titled debut, but also analyze the many ways the band has grown and evolved between albums. Check it out!

Kvelertak frontman Erlend Hjelvik was interviewed by AOL's Noisecreep on Friday; the piece is online now. Erlend talks about signing with Roadrunner, what he thinks is the key to the band's appeal, the lyrics on their forthcoming album Meir, and much more.

http://www.noisecreep.com/2013/02/11/kvelertak-meir-interview/
helltothee
Idiot
55 IQ
They're great. A bit of classic rock, black metal, southern, AC/DC... screw normality. I love how all their songs are about beer and that.

Quote by FryingNemo
I saw Satan one day
He looked kinda gay
The bible hates gays
So Satan I shall slay
Amen.
xPrometherionx
180 IQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GnAikzqK_2I

Singer Erlend Hjelvik and guitarist Vidar Landa of Norwegian rock 'n' roll maniacs Kvelertak recently stopped by our New York offices and sat for interviews on a variety of subjects. In the clip above, they discussed how they came to sign with Roadrunner, and talk about some of their favorite Roadrunner acts, past and present, including some they've shared stages with.

Pre-order the new album on itunes here -> https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/meir/id597097843
Last edited by xPrometherionx at Mar 4, 2013,
xPrometherionx
180 IQ
So, Kvelertak has a lot to live up to. The first track released off Meir was great. Then Metalsucks trashed the album, which admittedly worried me. To be honest this song is different but has a certain flair that I really enjoy. My hopes are up, especially since it was one of the songs Metalsucks attacked. Check it out:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2013/03/06/173470781/run-from-life-and-crash-kvelertaks-blast-beat-party
Mumbo Jumbo
F*ck Sh*t Stack
98 IQ
Listening to Meir now, so far so good, but not quite on par with their debut.
technicolour
Banned
1,153 IQ
Alternating blasts...tremelo chords...must be black metal ¯\(°_o)/¯

But seriously, I don't enjoy this band. Just another metal band with facial hair and Baroness album cover art.
Mumbo Jumbo
F*ck Sh*t Stack
98 IQ
Quote by Annihilator666
The production seems a bit thinner on Meir.

Agreed, Meir is much less of a kick in the balls then their debut. I'm still enjoying it though, pumped for a US tour!
KonH
10 IQ
Good band, first album is great, but second one didn't impressed.
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
These guys are good, but I don't think they belong in the hardcore forum.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Their latest kicks ass, and yeah, I was really surprised to see them in here.